DC Header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DC Header
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:38 PM
Received my DC Sports header yesterday, a couple pics.

Re: DC Header
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:40 PM
Forgot to mention this is for the ecotec engine.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:41 PM
OH YEAH ! bigger pic ? more pic plz ??? downpipe ???

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:43 PM
Go to my cardomain site, they are the only pics on it.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/816433
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:44 PM
sweet. congrats on your purchase

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:48 PM
no downpipe ?

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:53 PM
^no
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:58 PM
Steve:

Step 4: Remove three 8mm studs that secure the heat shield to the factory exhaust manifold. Remove heat shield.

Step 5: Remove one remaremainder 10mm nut that secures the catalytic converter pipe to the factory exhaust manifold.

Step 6: Slide the catalytic converter pipe off the exhaust manifold studs.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:59 PM
so you need to use your 1''7/8 oem down pipe ?

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:59 PM
^some steps stating what stays in.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:14 PM
DC Sports install directions:

1. Utilizing a flat work area (preferably concrete), jack the car up and support the car on jack stands under the frame support points (refer to your owners manual). Do not use the jack to support the car while working underneath!

2. Remove the 2 lower 10mm nuts that secure the catalytic converter pipe to the factory exhaust manifold.

Under the hood:

3. Un-clip the oxygen sensor secured to the factory exhaust manifold from the main wire harness.

Step 4: Remove three 8mm studs that secure the heat shield to the factory exhaust manifold. Remove heat shield.

Step 5: Remove one remaremainder 10mm nut that secures the catalytic converter pipe to the factory exhaust manifold.

Step 6: Slide the catalytic converter pipe off the exhaust manifold studs.

Step 7: Remove ten 8mm nuts that secure the factory exhaust manifold to the engine. Set these nuts aside as they will be re-used. Remove factory exhaust manifold.

On the bench:

8. Remove oxygen sensor from the factory exhaust manifold and re-install onto the DC Sports header and tighten.

9. Ensuring that the original exhaust manifold gasket is free from all dirt and/or debris, install the DC Sports Race header onto the studs using five original 8mm nuts and tighten. (22 lb-ft)

Under the car:

11. Secure the DC Sports race header to the exhaust system using the 2 original 10mm spring bolts and tighten.

12. Re-check all your work.

13. Lower the car off the jack stand.

13. Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.

15. After approximately 500 miles, re-check the system nuts and bolts and tighten as necessary.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:49 PM
i measured the opening and it is 2", and the oem down pipe is 1 7/8"? Interesting...
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:13 PM
where'd u order it from? how much $$$?

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:21 PM
I bought it through HyperEvolution in PA. Paid around $450/with tax.

Regarding my 2" measurement when you measure exhaust pipe diameter it is outside correct? As this hole is 2" inside and measuring my magnaflow tubing it also has about a 2" inner diameter measurement. Am I correct??
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:38 PM
wait you paid 450$ for half a header?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:39 PM
^yep
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:41 PM
I'll call dc sports tomorrow to find out why they don't make a down pipe and post what they say.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:25 PM
looks nice and no doubt a GREAT company but ill stick with pacesetter myself.
im poor haha

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Monday, April 04, 2005 1:39 PM
Talked to DC Sports they do not make a down pipe they say it's designed to bolt right in the way it is. I asked them about connecting a 2 1/4" header to a 2" factory down pipe and they said that is the way its designed...

Can a muffler shop make me a 2 1/4" down pipe?
Monday, April 04, 2005 1:50 PM
pacrossbow wrote:i measured the opening and it is 2", and the oem down pipe is 1 7/8"? Interesting...

thought you said 2 " and 1 7/8"

now its 2 1/4" and 2"

?????????

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:59 PM
read above, someone else mentioned it was 1 7/8" oem when its actually 2". dc says it is a 2 1/4" header with an internal opening that measures 2"

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:25 PM
pacrossbow wrote:i measured the opening and it is 2", and the oem down pipe is 1 7/8"? Interesting...

pacrossbow wrote:Talked to DC Sports they do not make a down pipe they say it's designed to bolt right in the way it is. I asked them about connecting a 2 1/4" header to a 2" factory down pipe and they said that is the way its designed...

Can a muffler shop make me a 2 1/4" down pipe?

both of those look like you man ???

ive got the header on my g/fs cav , in fact they did all the testing with her cav

we have been pretty happy with the header , havent had it at the track yet , but they did dyno 5hp more than the stock manifold

i know they originally wanted to keep the header a bolt on , cause they wanted to stay away from cutting and welding , and thinking that it might not get CARB approval

with this header it should fit all the GM cars with the eco , as well as the saturns with the eco tec motor

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:27 PM
and ill have to measure the opening in the eco down pipe ive got , but i think its larger than 2" because the flex joint is mounted directly to the flange

the pipe from the flex to the cat is 1 7/8"

Monday, April 04, 2005 2:28 PM
sorry 450$ for a half a header is a huge WASTE

why do hondas and ac's get a full header? idk...

but I will stick with pacesetter...

if I wasnt boost

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:03 PM
97 cavi there is a question mark next to where i said 1 7/8" as someone posted above me saying it was 1 7/8"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search