engine mounts-do i really need both? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine mounts-do i really need both?
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:56 AM
well my engine moves alot when i rev it and when it shifts, i know this is a result of the upper mount being crappy. So i am goining to order the upper insert. My question is, with the upper insert installed, will adding a new lower mount make any difference?

Re: engine mounts-do i really need both?
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:58 AM
Yes it will make a differance. They work best together, however many people including myself get an annoying vibration of the dash board. So many people go back to the stock lower mount. I instead, added a torque dampener, which works out better for me.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:09 PM
will the upper mount alone make the engine stiff enough? enough that i will notice it over the stock?

my upper mount seems pretty worn
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:09 PM
i want the car to feel more "together"
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:14 PM
The engine will not move anymore! I've show many people with mine. I really like it a lot. I really like how when I shift hard in 2nd it kinda lifts up the car some. Just don't get upset at first the mounts sound bad, but you will not even notice them later. Trust me.

Monday, March 28, 2005 12:17 PM
ok, but will it be like that with just the top insert?
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:49 PM
do them both it will vibrate less
Monday, March 28, 2005 12:50 PM
TRD Cav Fire wrote:The engine will not move anymore! I've show many people with mine. I really like it a lot. I really like how when I shift hard in 2nd it kinda lifts up the car some. Just don't get upset at first the mounts sound bad, but you will not even notice them later. Trust me.

Actually, when you first put the bottom mount in you'll likely freak out and think you've somehow broken your car.

Don't make any judgement calls for the first two weeks. It'll soften up a bit as it breaks in.

Some people still don't like it after that, but that's your decision to make. Just don't jump to any conclusions before then.

Monday, March 28, 2005 2:16 PM
id get both. best mod to do for under $100

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 3:02 PM
Hence why this is my seocnd Z24 that Im putting them in. Get the a-arm and tranny bushings too. Just got all 3 @ car customs for 150 shipped. Cant beat that.

Wheel hop? What wheel hop?

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:50 PM
dynamat works wonders for the vibrating dash...just find out where it's vibrating and apply lol...my vibrations are gone

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:53 PM
The upper one doesn't do much at all, i put that one in first and drove around then the lower one in to see if could notice a difference. The big difference u notice is with the lower mount. The top mount insert still allows small amounts of engine movement. Just get them both.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:01 PM
I heard that it was also good to get when you have headers. I guess to prevent the engine roll and possibly cracking the header flange. Just what I was told. I have them both and think that they work well. It was funny when the gm mechanics here were freaked out when they noticed zero engine movement. They are pretty retarded here though.

Monday, March 28, 2005 7:20 PM
Girls like em too

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:50 AM
is it ok to just get the upper for now? will it mess anything up? money is real tight
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:52 AM
You will be fine.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:17 AM
you will be fine the upper one is not as attective as the lower mount.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search