Ordering some new parts.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ordering some new parts....
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:40 AM
tomorrow morning i'm ordering a short throw shifter, car customs front and rear tranny mounts, and car custom control arm bushings....does anyone know if there is a write up for install of any of these? or does anyone have anything to say about installing these...like do's and do not's?

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

Re: Ordering some new parts....
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:59 AM
the a-arm bushings are a pita

one of the tranny mounts i got the bolt sleeve was way too long so i had to grind it down w/ a dotco

short throw isnt too bad at all

we did it in the dark in like an hour and a half

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:09 AM
the short throw will come with dirrections.

the control arm bushings someone posted a big hot to write in suspension forum somewhere (search for it) its preaty self explaitory, remove arm, pop out old bushings, cut metal sleeve out of big hole, intsall bushings, reinstall arm go to the next side

the front trans mount is cake, one bolt going through it, 3 holding it on, surport the engine/trans and remov eit, then fallow the dirrections that come int he box with the new @!#$. The rear mount is the same thing just a paint in the @!#$in ass to get out.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:12 AM
they all come w/ basic instructions
front is alot easier than rear

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:18 AM
The hardest of all those is probably going to be the control arm bushings. Do yourself a favor for this.....buy a Hanes manual and a ball joint seperator. You have to be careful not to tear the ball joint boots. It's not all that hard, just takes some time and muscle really.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:26 AM
for now i'm saying F the a-arms for now i wont be able to do it. so i'm looking at the tranny mounts and the short throw. thanks guys

MY 2003 SUNFIRE
Sunday, March 27, 2005 10:28 AM
Definately do the A arm bushing though in the future. They help the ride alot

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search