WARNING ON STREET BATTLE EVENTS - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WARNING ON STREET BATTLE EVENTS
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:14 AM
Hi fellow org members, well I went to the Street Battles show in KC Mo this past weekend, the USACI sound off was well ran and went well, BUT I want to give a warning to any car show participants that are thinking about showing their car at ANY Street Battle event. The show promoter was very rude the whole show, he knew nothing on how to run a show. The car show was very unorgainzed and he hired local car club members to judge cars at the show even though those judges knew and were friends with many participants. Also the trophies didn't have what you won on they were all the same. Now I am not one to complain about losing if I desired to lose but here is pictures of my car and pictures of the car that beat me for Best of Show. I feel it is my responsibility to warn other about this poorly ran show before you too spend money to attend a show that is unorgainzed and unprofessional. There were also many complaints from not only the race side but the show side about how the event was ran and how many cars that the owner knew the judges won awards over cars that were way more deserving. For example one of the judges girlfriend aka "good friend" was in the show with a pretty much stock car and she mysteriuosly won an award over several other cars that had way more modifications than her. Here is the pictures from the show of my car and the Pt Cruiser that supposenly was the Best of Show Car there.

MY CAR:

FOR MORE PICS OF MY CAR GO TO WWW.CARDOMAIN.COM/RIDE/325547

PT CRUISER (BEST OF SHOW):

MORE PICS OF THE PT CRUISER http://www.cardomain.com/ride/504007

Now I am no way putting down the owner of the PT Cruiser, he was a nice guy when I talked to him and what was funny is he said my car was so much nicer than his, so go figure lol

Basically if you know things about cars you can see what I am upset about, I hope for those of you that are considering showing at this event go in with great caution because the same thing could happen to you.

LOVED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL....

Re: WARNING ON STREET BATTLE EVENTS
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:52 AM
ur car>ptcruiser

Monday, May 22, 2006 10:56 AM
TRD_CAV (poisioncavi) wrote:ur car>ptcruiser

werd

PT Cruisers are FUGLY

Doin it Texas Style...
Monday, May 22, 2006 11:00 AM
I dunno. Looks like voters choice wins. Can't win them all and really I don't see anything worth losing sleep over.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Monday, May 22, 2006 11:12 AM
it was a pretty nice PT..and i hate PTs lol ...but you stil should won...i bet if you woulda opted for the diamond plate you woulda beat him lol

Monday, May 22, 2006 11:14 AM
Labora wrote:I dunno. Looks like voters choice wins. Can't win them all and really I don't see anything worth losing sleep over.

No voters choice because I had more people around my car all day and had people coming up to me after the show saying it was wrong its called unqaulified judges choice

Monday, May 22, 2006 4:27 PM
Ashley Becker wrote:
Labora wrote:I dunno. Looks like voters choice wins. Can't win them all and really I don't see anything worth losing sleep over.

No voters choice because I had more people around my car all day and had people coming up to me after the show saying it was wrong its called unqaulified judges choice

I dunno I hear the same crap from car show people all the time. (not only you) They get pissed that they don't win and they get mad when they think a lesser car wins. Guess that is why I never really cared for car shows. (not that there is anything wrong with them) To much politics and BS for me. I go to car related stuff to have fun, I know some go to compete (be it racing or showing) but to me "showing" is so subjective you can't honestly go expecting to win them all.

I can tell you right now if my local site put on a car show (like we might doing) you bet your ass I will be voting for those I know or what I LIKE. That is how it is if you don't like it then I guess there shows just aren't for you.

My 2 cents take it, leave it, delete it I don't care.

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:44 AM
Labora wrote:
Ashley Becker wrote:

I dunno I hear the same crap from car show people all the time. (not only you) They get pissed that they don't win and they get mad when they think a lesser car wins. Guess that is why I never really cared for car shows. (not that there is anything wrong with them) To much politics and BS for me. I go to car related stuff to have fun, I know some go to compete (be it racing or showing) but to me "showing" is so subjective you can't honestly go expecting to win them all.

I can tell you right now if my local site put on a car show (like we might doing) you bet your ass I will be voting for those I know or what I LIKE. That is how it is if you don't like it then I guess there shows just aren't for you.

My 2 cents take it, leave it, delete it I don't care.

Thats fine I'm not here to argue with anyone I'm here to stop the same thing from happening to anyone that shows at this event

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:04 AM
That was cold if i were at a big event i would want fair judges not ones that would pick me because they know me. I would have raised hell

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:34 AM
This is what really sucks > http://www.jose2001pt.ptenthusiasts.net/photo2.html <.

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:56 AM
john317(AKA Gary the Old guy) wrote:This is what really sucks > http://www.jose2001pt.ptenthusiasts.net/photo2.html <.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:17 AM
boo hoo

1 less trophy

i think you'll survive

Doin it Texas Style...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 12:59 PM
Ozzie wrote:boo hoo

1 less trophy

i think you'll survive

And a $300 prize that I planned on paying my gas and other travel expenses with. And the fact that I lost to a Stock PT Cruiser with rims and air ride. I've put way too much time and money into my car to lose to a car like that, it's like a slap in the face, but I guess you would not understand.

And once again this is just a WARNING to anyone who plans on attending this event in the future.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 1:24 PM
if it had rims and air ride its not so stock is it?

lol

im not puttin down your ride

just sayin that it SEEMS that your cryin about losin...

bad call or not

warning or no warning...

Doin it Texas Style...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:13 PM
Ozzie wrote:if it had rims and air ride its not so stock is it?

lol

im not puttin down your ride

just sayin that it SEEMS that your cryin about losin...

bad call or not

warning or no warning...

Again this thread is to WARN others, if you want to keep jacking the thread please take it elsewhere because like stated above you don't understand and probably will never be able to, so drop it and stick to the subject of WARNING those thinking of attending any shows by this Promoter.

And as one last side note to you, wheels and air ride is stock compared to my ride, you don't like it tough its the truth and like I said above you won't understand because you don't have anywhere near as much money or time in your car as I do, people on this site that would understand are people like the Fetters, DoubleZ, Blue Ace, Big Poppa and some others. So like I said above this thread is posted in my home region to warn others about an up coming event in LA this weekend.Don't like it, don't post

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:22 PM
Ashley Becker wrote:

opinion

Labora wrote: Can't win them all and really I don't see anything worth losing sleep over.

amen

thanks for the heads up Ash.

Doin it Texas Style...
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:34 PM
It is always the judges choice. I went to a car show in houston and lost but then went to the same show a month later in SA and took first. just the way the judges are feeling that day.

the thrill for me is having everybody come up to me and compliment me on my car. Especially when they ask where I got my work done and I tell them that it was all me.

problem is that my show car is also my daily driver. I put an average of a 100 miles on my car daily. No trailer for this baby. lol

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:49 PM
Don't really know why I came into this thread but im here.

Anyways, I don't know why but I think it was fair that the PT cruiser won. As much as I love j-bodies and used to go to shows with mine I respect the judges decisions.
I think the PT cruise has gone to a higher level in his mods then you have. I think it was perfectly fine for the judges to award him with the award.

Now, for you coming on here and trashing the show and the organizers in not cool in my book. I understand that you believe that you should have won. Everybody has different tastes and preferences. But for you to come on here and say that it was not fair is not fair for the organizers. Judges will vote differently in any show, and that is why there are many shows in different places over the country so that different judges are able to judge the shows. So I think it is rude to come on here and say to stay away from these shows just because you believe that the judges were unfair. I for one believe they made the right decision.

Don't get me wrong, I love your car. And I believe it is one of the top 5 best cavaliers on here, but that PT outdid you in that show fair and square.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:21 PM
well stated.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:48 PM
titus03 wrote:
I think the PT cruise has gone to a higher level in his mods then you have. I think it was perfectly fine for the judges to award him with the award.

Don't get me wrong, I love your car. And I believe it is one of the top 5 best cavaliers on here, but that PT outdid you in that show fair and square.

Really think so?

His PT Cruiser Bone Stock:

His PT Cruiser at the show:

My Cavalier Bone Stock:

My Cavalier at the show:

His PT Cruiser Mod list:
Interior
-Billet Gauge Eyebrows
-Billet Dash Vent Visors
-Diamond Plate Interior Accents
-Gold Headrest "PT Cruiser" Logo's
-Stainless Steel Sill Plates w/logo
-Chrome Rear Exhausters
-"Dream Cruzer" Third Brake Light
-Chrome Hatch Strut Covers
-Color Matched Center Console
-Color Matched Brake Handle Cover
-Chrome Steering Wheel Spoke Covers

Performance UpgradesDress up
-Air Ride Front Sturts
-Easy Street Rear bags and system w/remote
-Dakota Digital gauges
-BTG Dual Exhaust
-Helix Power Tower
-Cruiserbits Intake
-Screamin Demon Hi-Power Coil Pack
-Magnecore 8.5mm plug wires
-Champion Double Platinum plugs

Engine Bay
-Gold Plated Air intake Runners, Vanity cover, Oil Cap, Power Steering cap, Washer Reservoir Cap, Brake Fluid Cap, and Engine and Transmission Dipstick Handles
-Polished Stainless steel Hood Liner
-Chrome Valve and Timing Belt Cover
-Chrome fuse box cover
-Chrome ECU Cover
-Chrome Radiator Hose
-Chrome Hood Stuts
-Stainless Steel ECU cover
-Mirrored battery cover

External Mods
-Xenon Bruiser Body kit
-IPF Driving Lights
-Vertical Doors
-Tear drop tailights and reverse lights
-Varad multicolor Underbody L.E.D.
-Chrome Door/Hatch Scratch Guards
-Chrome Antenna Bezel
-Chrome Power Antenna
-Chrome Side Spurs w/logo
-Chrome Grill Overlay
-Chrome Gas lid cover with gold screws
-Chrome Rear hatch T Handle

My Cavalier Mod list:
Exterior
3-Tone Paint Job With HOK (House Of Kolor) Kandy Apple Red Over Platinum Pearl Silver, HOK Platinum Pearl Silver, & Charcoal Metallic Dividing Line
One Off Custom Wide Body (NOT A KIT)
Molded And Customized Full Drift Body Kit
Decah Vertical Doors
Fiber Images Carbon Fiber SS Style Ram Air Hood
RKsport Pro Stock Wing Molded Into Trunk Lid With Shaved 3rd Brake Light
Custom Taillights Using Parts Of Aftermarket RX-7 Taillights
Shaved License Plate Opening On Rear Bumper
Shaved Tail Lights On Trunk Lid
Shaved Door Handles & Locks
Auto Loc Door Popper Kit
Shaved Antenna And Mounted In Trunk
Sparco Chrome Locking Gas Filler Door
Reworked Fenders And Wheel Wells For Air Suspension Travel
Black Projector Headlights With Black Signals

Interior
2-Tone Paint Job With HOK (House Of Kolor) Kandy Apple Red Over Platinum Pearl Silver, HOK Platinum Pearl Silver
Fiberglass Door Panels
Fiberglass Rear Panels
Fiberglass Dash
Fiberglass Center Console
Fiberglass Sub Enclosure Replacing Rear Seat
Black Leather Racing Seats W/Red Stitching And Embroidered Queens
Black 3-Point Racing Harnesses
MOMO Black Tuner Steering Wheel
MOMO Steering Wheel Hub
MOMO Black Air Leather/Alloy Shift Knob
MOMO Black/Stealth Pedal Kit
MOMO Grid T200 Alloy Floor Mats
MOMO Black Harness Pads
Custom Short Shifter With Black Leather Shift Boot
Easy Street 2 1/16 Air Management Gauges Fiber Glassed In Dash
3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod W/Autometer Boost/Vac, Voltmeter, And Air Fuel Ratio Gauges
Painted Gauge Bezel With White Face Gauges
Wrapped Head Liner In Black Cloth
Wrapped Rear Deck In Black Vinyl
Custom Trunk Enclosure
Toyota JDM Cavalier Trunk Lid Liner

Electrical/Audio/Video/Security
Kenwood KVT-815DVD 7" Motorized Touch Screen TFT Monitor DVD/MP3 Player
Audiobahn AW1206T 2200 Watt 12” Subs (4)
Audiobahn A2200HCT 1600 Watt Amps (2)
Audiobahn ACAP601Q Digital Flame-Amp Style 6 Farad Capacitor
Audiobahn ACS2093N 6x9 Speakers
Audiobahn ACS2046N 4x6 Speakers
Audiobahn AVDVD07N DVD Player
Audiobahn AVM7301RV 7.2” Active Matrix TFT-LCD Monitors (2)
Audiobahn AVM2104V 10.4” Active Matrix TRT-LCD Monitors (2)
Audiobahn AVM1041RV 10.4” Active Matrix TFT-LCD Monitors (2)
Audiobahn AVM170Q 7” Active Matrix TFT-LCD Monitors (6)
Audiobahn AVSW4Q Audio/Video Switchers (2)
Audiobahn Component System
7.2 Inch TFT LCD Monitors In Sun Visors (2)
Stinger Audio/Video Wiring
Stinger Distributors
Stinger SP800 Dry Cell Car Audio Battery
100 AMP 12-Volt Converter
Clifford Security System

Engine Performance
2.4L Performance Cams
2.4L Forged Pistons
Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods
Garret Hybrid T3/T4 T04 V-Band Turbo
Stainless Turbo Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Exhaust Downpipe
Oil Feed And Return Lines
TurboXS Manual Boost Controller
TurboXS BOV
Greddy Turbo Timer
Front Mount Intercooler
Custom 2.5" Intake/Intercooler Charge Pipes W/Silicone Couplers & Hose Clamps
K&N Cone Filter
Holly NOS Nitrous Oxide System W/Purge Kit
310cc Fuel Injectors
MSD High Flow Fuel Pump
CAT-Back High Flow Exhaust
High Flow Catalytic Converter
Autometer Carbon Fiber Series Boost/Vac Mechanical Gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber Series Voltmeter Electric Gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber Series Air Fuel Ratio Electric Gauge

Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension
R2 Racing Black 19” DTR-4 Wheels
Toyo Proxy-4 225/35/19 Tires
Baer Track 13inch Cross Drilled & Slotted Big Brake Kit & 4-Piston Calipers In Front
Baer Track 12inch Slotted Drum To Disc Conversion & 4-Piston Calipers In The Rear
Baer Metallic Performance Brake Pads
Baer Teflon Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines Front & Rear
Easy Street Air Ride Strut System Front & Rear
Easy Street Air Ride Clear 10 Switch Box
Easy Street 5 Gallon Air Tank & Chrome Viair Compressor
Easy Street 2 1/16 Air Management Gauges (2)

Engine Bay Styling
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
Carbon Fiber Fuse Box Cover
Carbon Fiber Brake Fluid Cover
Carbon Fiber Reservoir Cover
Carbon Fiber Oil Cap
Carbon Fiber Battery Cover
Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover

LED Lighting
Varad ULX310 1000 Color LED Under Car Lighting System (Exterior)
Varad UL200 Red LED Under Car Lighting System (Exterior)
Varad SL210 Red LED Suspension Lighting System (Exterior)
Varad SLK100 Headlight Strobe System (Exterior)
Varad SL210 Red LED Suspension Lighting System (Interior)
Varad HLWX9 1000 Color LED Lighting System (Interior)
Varad ILK Series Red LED Lighting System (Interior)
Varad HLW Red LED Lighting System (Interior)
Varad SL210 Blue LED Suspension Lighting System (Trunk)
Varad ORB ILS200 1000 Color LED Lighting System (Trunk)
Varad Hyper10 LED Lighting System (Trunk)
Varad SL210 Red LED Suspension Lighting System (Engine)
Varad Red LED Headlight Flashers (Engine)

If that PT Cruiser out did me then hell, i should of kept my factory interior and factory paint. Hell I should have stopped at rims, lambo's, and air ride and put diamond plate all over my car and called it done.

ENOUGH SAID, I hope.

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:16 AM
Damn...if a stock PT can beat your car, what has this world come to.

I'm more of a motor guy, but I can appreciate a well made looker as well. The PT was a nice beginning for a show car, and when it gets finished it might be of the caliber that yours is. I think the real problem with that show is the Judges. They either weren't familiar with the amount of work that each car had done, as well as the complexity and craftmanship, or they were dead set against a non "regular" getting the trophy.

I guess it must be taken with a grain of salt. but there are other shows, and better/worse judges. I enjoy a show where the spectators help judge the cars as well, makes for an interesting viewpoint for the judges.

Friday, May 26, 2006 4:18 AM
its becuase you don't have spinners

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:33 AM
Ashley Becker wrote:
titus03 wrote:

Really think so?

If that PT Cruiser out did me then hell, i should of kept my factory interior and factory paint. Hell I should have stopped at rims, lambo's, and air ride and put diamond plate all over my car and called it done.

ENOUGH SAID, I hope.

All those pictures weren't necessary. Well, at least for me their weren't.
I understand you believe that you should of won. But others don't. I personally believe that the PT is a better show car then yours. And I think I have the right to believe that. If you believe you should of won I respect that. What really interested me and made me post is that you come on here and just trash the show coordinators, judges...
You need to understand everybody has different aspects of viewing what they consider to be a well done show car.
Anyways, I hope that in the future you go on to win many first place shows. Your car is a great representation of a j-body show cavalier. I wish you much success in your future shows.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:46 AM
i cant believe yall think that pt is better the queen z. What yall smoking cause i want some. That pt is 10 levels if not more below the queen, hell summit cavi from midland is way better then that pt.

The only reason that he won was the fact that his friends were the ones judging the show. Thats crap imho, if i were to go to a judged event i would want fair judges and not ones that will just hand you an award is bull @!#$.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:53 AM
thats just an opinion tho...

the point is she's upset b.c she lost to something that she THOUGHT was beneath her..and was

obviously wrong...because if she had won...would this post be here?

Doin it Texas Style...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search