Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant
Friday, January 06, 2006 7:08 AM
I went to AutoZone to buy some Seafoam, but they were all out. The guy suggested using this instead of Seafoam, said it was better. All I do is pour it into the tank? Is this right? My Dad said whenever he tried putting stuff into the tank of his 88 Lesabre, the fuel pump had to be replaced, was that because of this?

Re: Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:49 AM
I use it in every 5th tank of fuel or so....
Never had a prob...
Seems to keep everything nice and clean, like injectors and stuff.

Is it better than Sea Foam? ...I seriously doubt it....

"I know not with what weapons World War III
will be fought, but World War IV will be fought
with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstine-
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:50 PM
Lucas is a great product!It is poured directly into ur fuel tank and will NOT harm anything in the fuel system or engine what so ever.Ur dads car probably had a fuel pump that was going bad and it just bit the dust about the time he used the product.While I have used this in my cars and tractor trlr (diesel) since it mixes with gasoline or diesel I have had good results.I still think seafoam works better which also works in diesels and have had great results with it.I would use both but,it really varies by vehicle and how well maintaned it is and how it's driven.Seafoam does show quick results versus lucas based on my use in several vehicles.So its up to u to decide which u like better.

Friday, January 06, 2006 10:55 PM
I use it every 2nd 2nd tank Prob overkill but ahh well

Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:26 AM
ahhh..its 5 bucks...who cares if its overkill.....it keeps things clean in there.

"I know not with what weapons World War III
will be fought, but World War IV will be fought
with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstine-
Saturday, January 07, 2006 4:34 PM
I use it with every tank. Get it in the gallon jug at the truckstop or auto parts store and save $$$. The Lucas will at least pay for itself in fuel savings alone. I get 5% better mileage when using Lucas. Dang, almost makes me sound like a Lucas salesman.

God bless America.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search