Won't Idle (2.3 Mani TB Swap) & Odometer Messed Up - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Won't Idle (2.3 Mani TB Swap) & Odometer Messed Up
Thursday, October 06, 2005 5:59 PM
Before I get into the problem, I will give a brief history of the car. About a month ago, I did the 2.3 manifold swap on my 2.4L Z24. I originally left the stock TB on it. Everything at that point worked fine. About two weeks ago, I did the 2.3L TB swap. I put the 2.4L TPS sensor on it and left the 2.3 IAC on it. It seemed to idle fine except for a few times if I was driving it hard and let off the gas, it would take a bit to readjust. This was all while the weather was warm. Today was the frist day of cold weather. It dropped from 70 to 40 this morning. I went to start my car this morning, and it was revving at 3K. I thought it was b/c it was cold, so I drove it to school. It got a little better once it warmed up, but it kept idling around 3K. I was at school for 7 hours, and I went to come home, and it did the same thing except worse. I started to drive it and as soon as I pushed in the clutch, it almost immediately dropped 500 RPM when usually it only gradually decreases to about 1500. It wouldn't stop even after it warmed up. I swapped the 2.4L IAC back into it. That fixed the idle problem when the car is sitting, but if I am driving it and push in the clutch, it dies. Any ideas on that?

The strangest thing with my odometer happened today too. All of the sudden the odometer display got garmbled and kept flashing between the trip odometer and a garbled mess. I turned the car off and started it again, and then the odometer just went blank. It didn't matter if I hit the reset button or not. I restared it again, and then it came up right, but it started to flash garbled stuff again within about 5 minutes.

Please help me!! This is my daily driver and I can't be without a car. Any input would be appreciated!

Luke

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search