noise when turining the wheel?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
noise when turining the wheel??
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:57 AM
Ok I know I read it somewhere a while ago but I don't remember what I typed in for a search. Anyway, when I turnt he wheel either way now it makes a loud click click click kinda noise in the steering. What do I need to replace to fix this problem?

Re: noise when turining the wheel??
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:04 AM
I would be probably betting on CV joints. They wear out faster when the car is lowered because of the stress on it. Anybody else feel free to jump in.....

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:31 PM
It's most likely your strut mounts. Since your car is lowered with coilovers it's putting a lot of stress on the center of the mounts causing the rubber to seep up. The noise your hearing is most likely the rubber from the mount rubbing against each other. I'm in the process of replacing mine. Give it a look.....

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:37 PM
Mark Eco wrote:It's most likely your strut mounts. Since your car is lowered with coilovers it's putting a lot of stress on the center of the mounts causing the rubber to seep up. The noise your hearing is most likely the rubber from the mount rubbing against each other. I'm in the process of replacing mine. Give it a look.....

That would be my second guess. I have to replace mine very soon

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:27 PM
This may sound stupid but will cut down on the noise a little; try spraying some WD-40 oil on the top of the mount.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:37 PM
what do you mean by the strut mounts? Not a big suspension guy here. Like I know where the struts are mounted do you mean like under the hood on top where the bolt goes hold the strut? Just need an explanation. Also how much to replace?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search