94 Cavalier RS A/C Help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
94 Cavalier RS A/C Help
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:39 PM
hello ladies and gentlemen, i own a 94 Cavalier RS 3.1Liter Engine. I read the help my A/C quit sticky and i'am still having trouble, well this is what happens i start the car and turn the Fan to highest setting and then i switch the lever to Cold and then switch the second lever to Max with the A/C switch on, i just get outside air i know this because i don't see the A/C clutch spinning just the drive belt, i have checked the wiring everything is fine there, i tried looking for the Low Pressure Switch and connot find it, there are no wires coming off the Accumulator only 2 pipes ( 1 Pipe runs to the Condenser the other runs toward the firewall)
so what should i do? and also where can i buy the R-12 Freon?

Ps- I'am looking for the Low Pressure Switch just to see if the Clutch will at least click on..

Thanks for any help..

Re: 94 Cavalier RS A/C Help
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:02 AM
Please bump, i really can use the help guy's
Re: 94 Cavalier RS A/C Help
Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:01 AM
if I'm postive about this I think the 94 Cavalier was the first year to get R-134a (check the sticker in the engine bay). If this is the case purchase an AC kit either from the states or try buying it on ebay, that way you can check it and you might just need a top up because that stuff can leak out slowly overtime through the seals.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search