Inner CV Boot - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Inner CV Boot
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:37 PM
Hello, everyone.....I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the Axles off of the 2.4l I have a whole all the way around my Inner CV boot and i need to change it out, so i was wondering whether anyone knows how to get the axle out of the trainny?....thanx

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: Inner CV Boot
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:44 PM
hey bud,

its not too bad at all. just remove the tire, take the axle nut off, remove the lower ball joint nut, pry apart the ball joint, then just get a hammer and and gradually tap outward against the axle right next to where it is inserted in the tranny. there is just a retaining clip at the end of the axle that pops in the tranny. sometimes they can be a little bit difficult and u may think that they just dont pop out but they DO. trust me, i have replaced many and did one clutch job last summer, and also a engine overhaul this spring so i have had mine out plenty of times. any problems, let me know...
Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:29 PM
Well brian mooney, Ive got a few questions for you, Before you just replace the inner cv boot, Is youre cv making a clicking sound when you are turn corners? If so I wouldnt waste youre time just replacing the boot. Cause months down the road it could break, But if its not makeing any noise, You could get away with just changing the inner boot.
Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:54 PM
Well, i have the sportlines on there and when i'm stopped and turning the wheel the springs make noises, but when i'm turning I don't hear anything from the CV Shaft or anything...,but i do here the boot clicking because it was torn around the whole boot and when it makes one whole rottion the boot pops back and forth making a little ticking sound....by the way do you know what size wrench i need for that big bolt buy the rotors? That's a big dang bolt and i know i don't have it so i'm going to go buy it.....thanx man your alot of help!!!!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:12 PM
what kind of shape are you strut mounts in?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search