Help Me - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Me
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:57 PM
I have a 98 cavalier with about 71000 miles on it. Recently, when i shift gears my car jerks badly. Acouple days later it started overheating out of nowhere. I found out that there was a hole in my radiator hose and I got it replaced. It still over heats and the coolant light stays on. Someone suggested that I need a new thermostat because if its broken it wont signal when to send coolant to my radiator. I also found out that I need two motor mounts and one transmission mount and that it may be the reason my car jerks. While im driving today it started off smoothly then it dragged when i hit the gas and soon it didnt accelerate at all. As a matter of fact it cut on and shook, still not responding to me pressing the gas, and then stopped. What could this possibly be.

Only cavy for this lady.

Re: Help Me
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 12:12 AM
is it a 2.4 or 2.2?

JBP Built 2.4
250HP
230FT
Dont race
But dont push it
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:11 AM
Time for a major overhaul. Change the plugs, fuel/air filter. Change the thermostat and upper and lower hoses and when you fill the coolant, run the motor until the coolant flows smoothly into the overflow and then put the cap back on.

If you can't do this yourself, make sure you have a good mechanic do the work or even possibly a dealer.
Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:09 AM
its a 2.2

Only cavy for this lady.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search