Can't get it to start.... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can't get it to start....
Monday, July 04, 2005 1:59 PM
It seems I have starting problems with this car, and it's never the same thing. I went out to start my car earlier and fires, but doesnt maintain and never fully starts. Then we got it running briefly, but it would sputter and stall out as if I had let out on the clutch. We went out and bought some ether and sprayed it into the intake, and it started normally, ran for a few seconds and backfired and died again. I tried cranking it a second time (no new ether) and it started, so I gave it a little gas, which made it stall faster. Then on the third crank the ether ignited and the intake caught fire, no damage though. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key to the first setting, so I know it's running, and it seems to be getting gas....dunno. Sorry it's so long, but I wanted to be specific.

Re: Can't get it to start....
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:27 PM
it could be a lot of things... is it sucking in air? you could have a vacuum leak or any number of things. do you get trouble codes or CEL's?

When changing gears in life, remember Find 'em, don't Grind 'em.
2003 Silver LS Sport Coupe 5-speed
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:38 PM
is there any gas in the car? and i dont mean by looking at the gauge

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:13 PM
It wasn't a vacuum pump or lack of gas. I had it towed into the dealer, and asked them if they could change the fuel filter while they were at it. I've had a fuel filter sitting around for a week now, and i couldn't get a wrench up into the space where the filter is at, so I decided to wait. Well anyway, turns out the fuel filter was the problem, it had gotten clogged and wasn't allowing enough gas through.
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:28 PM
so in a way it was lack of gas..........

where to go and what to do?
the choice is up to you!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search