Another problem! Starter??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another problem! Starter???
Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:17 PM
Ok guys, here is my latest problem. I went to this club and when i parked everything was fine, but when i leave to go start my car, it does'nt crank. I thought it was the battery at first so i waited until today and i took it to autozone to have it checked and it came out that the battery was perfectly fine. What do you guys think this might be? Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: Another problem! Starter???
Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:24 PM
As long as u have good cranking amps at the starter it should turn the starter over.I would have checked the voltage at the starter regardless with a multimeter anyhow.I know cavs etc have had a long running issue with coil packs being the culprit for the no start problem and could be one thing to check out.But if the car has good voltage both at the alternator battery and starter,could be a sign of the starter solenoid has a dead spot where u have good voltage but ,the car does nothing.U can pull it off and have it checked out but,generally this issue does not show up bc the dead spot is where no electrical voltage passes thru causing what u described.Worse case u could just replace the starter if it has some miles on it,and gm is notorious for cheap parts.These are just so ideas and I hope they help,if I left anything off may others contribute or correct me.OK

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search