speedometer works when it wants! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speedometer works when it wants!
Friday, July 01, 2005 10:13 PM
When I bought my 1997 cavalier it did not have any problems with the speedometer. It didn't come with a radio, so I bought a sony cd player to put in it. I had my brother to install it and then my speedometer stopped working. I changed the cd player with a sanyo cd player and it started working again. Later on, the speedometer stopped again. Now, the cd player isn't latched in so it jiggles. I started playing with it and I noticed that when I pressed down on the top of the cd player my speedometer started working again like nothing was wrong with it. When I pressed up on the bottom of the cd player my speedometer stopped working once again. What is the problem? Is it the cd player or a cable that touches the wires? Or is it the speedometer itself or I'm just going crazy? Please help!

Re: speedometer works when it wants!
Friday, July 01, 2005 10:18 PM
Either you pinched the wiring harness, or the harness plug that clips into the cluster is loose.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 01, 2005 10:40 PM
The only times i have had any problems with a speedometer my tranny went not too long after, and now the count is; 3 Rs trannys, and 4 Z-24 trannys. if it's the same problem i had, I'm sorry it's your tranny
Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:38 AM
One question then if it is my tranny then how come it works and don't work according to the way I move my cd player?
Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:04 PM
just smack the top of the dash. works for me.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search