how much damage can it do? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how much damage can it do?
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:39 PM
So I just bought my brand new Sunfire, it an 01" GT, standard with moonroof, black, and the best part only 28,000 km! Sorry about that had to brag a little bit, anyways I know how to drive a standard car from a while back but I haven't driven one for about year and my new car is standard I pretty much have the feel of it and I had no problems with it on the test drive and stuff, but now when I'm out driving around and stuff I'll sometimes start stalling the crap out of it I'm really not sure what happens (maybe its my nerves?) and its only when I'm stopped at a light in 1st then when I have to give it some gas to get going again I stall it some times 3 times at a light. I guess this probably only happens about twice a day but what I was wondering was how much damage is this going to cause to my car if any?

Re: how much damage can it do?
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:47 PM
You're fine, its not damaging the car.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:57 PM
I sure hope not, its not like I do it all the time, its just when I do holy crap it can get pretty bad. I wonder why it happens? I'm usally an awsome driver.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:05 PM
You maybe wareing the cluch a bit more than normal but it is nothing to loose sleap over.
As long as you don't get burning cluch smell from over reving the engine you will be fine.
Oh, don't feal bad about stalling. I've been driveing a manual since 98 and I stalled my 04 cavy a few times. The cluch in the newer j-bodys are so much more tuchy.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:33 AM
Yeah I know what you mean touchy, its only in 1st when I'm at a light and its so embarassing when you keep stalling it at a light and traffic has to go around you
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:43 AM
2hot4u wrote:its so embarassing when you keep stalling it at a light and traffic has to go around you

lol... you need a car where you can just let off the clutch slowly and it goes by itself..no gas needed.... like the one in my sig

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search