Help! Hiccup - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help! Hiccup
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:01 PM
I've tried searching everywhere for some info on why this is happening, but haven't come up with anything relevant. This is on an '01 Cavi z24 2.4L 5-speed.

I don't know why this started a while ago, but sometimes under normal acceleration during daily driving, the car seems to have a hiccup at random. For me, this is usually somewhere around when I'm in 3ed gear. When my gf is driving it, she claims it sometimes happens in 5th gear. I don't know why it seems to occur in an earlier gear for me other than because I might drive it a bit harder than her or what? Car is pretty much stock with about 70k on it. I've been thinking it might be the TPS on it's way out. Anyone have any experience with any problems like this or any idea's of what it might be?

Thanks for your help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Leahy
'01 Cavalier Z24 - 5Speed
MaxThrottle.Com

Re: Help! Hiccup
Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:44 PM
*listening* my car does the same thing sometimes... but I got a 2.3

Re: Help! Hiccup
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:55 PM
My car does a similiar thing with the RPM fluctuating, RPM drop while shifting (usually 1st to 2nd, and some random misfire like issues under load. Don't know if you have seen this thread ATTN: Z24's that are misfireing and sputtering It might help you out if they are the same symptoms.

http://members.cardomain.com/scrawnyguy18
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search