Rainy Days = Crappy Performance - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rainy Days = Crappy Performance
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:27 AM
Does any one else have a problem with this? Everytime it rains here (Minnesota) my car starts to run like crap. It the acceleration is sluggish, the engine shakes more and the over "spunk" of the engine goes to hell.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. Checked the Air filter after it rains thinking it was getting wet - Bone dry. Checked the Spark Plugs - Dry Checked the spark plug wires - wet, but no cracks or slits could be seen.

I have no idea!

"Nemo Me Impune Lacesitt"
~Reject

Re: Rainy Days = Crappy Performance
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:06 AM
no need to see the crack on the wire to cause trouble. only humidity can cause it. unless they have been recently changed, I would change the wire. They don't cost alot so why not.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:16 PM
I would go to the local parts store get some contact gel for youre plug wires, Where youre spark plug meets the inside of the plug wire boot. Add the gel on the tips where plug mates with boot, Whats commonly happening is moisture is on youre spark connection. Try that out and see if that works for ya.

Good Luck.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 4:41 PM
Not 100% on this but I think you should have coil packs instead of wires. In your directory it says you have the 2.4L, I am pretty sure all the 2.4's have coil packs. But I know other people who have had the same problems when it is wet out and it has always been the coil packs. If your just running like crap then change the coils soon before you end up breaking down on the side of the road in a rain storm. (it happened to my brother in law when his coilpacks died).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search