2.2L Engin Swap On 95 Sunfire To 2.2 Ecotec - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L Engin Swap On 95 Sunfire To 2.2 Ecotec
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:16 PM
i was wondering if anyone had ever swaped an 2.2 ecotec into and older sunfire like around the 1995 style... and if so does anyone know of a website or anything maybe to help me out with what ever modes i would have to do, i recently blow my 2.2 that was in the car and i was going to rebuild it and one of the guys at the performance shop told me to get an ecotec for it... so i was wounding if it could be done,...... thank you

Re: 2.2L Engin Swap On 95 Sunfire To 2.2 Ecotec
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 10:27 PM
oh and one last thing.. am i going to have to change my tranny. i have the 5 speed in it right now. are they the same, i know that GM use to use the same trannys in a large amount of there cars and trucks. or am i going to have to get a new one outa like an 04

Thanks
Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:01 AM
its alot of work, i'll tell you that. i was gonna do a swap then found out how much work is invovled. not worth it for me. yes you'll need the getrag tranny for the eco. you might be better off w/ a 2.4 swap.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 9:33 AM
better go with a 2.3. More powerfull and easier to swap.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, June 27, 2005 7:23 PM
does any one know any web pages that talk about any engin swaps done on these j-body cars, i have done engin swaps in outher car with big V-8 and rear wheel drive cars so i been sorta down this road befor but i have never done a front wheel drive car... p.s my friend her dad just got one of them new chevy colbolt SS i just gota say thats one sick car with the 2.0L supercharged moter
Monday, June 27, 2005 7:56 PM
1995 is the 1 year wondered OBD 1.5 bastard child. 96+ is OBD II. Little problem here....

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 2:54 PM
so what your tellin me is i would have to change the computer from the car to an ODB 2... wow this is starting to get difficalt but ya if i get a car that was a right off like smashed in the rear end i should be able to selvege the computer and all that goes with it..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search