high beams quit - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high beams quit
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:57 PM
just like the title says my highs quit working at the same time and my lows are working just fine

Re: high beams quit
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:56 PM
I have heard of wire corrosion problems by the battery, even a tiny corrosion problem, but with the fuses I don't know if there is a fuse for the high beams only.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:11 PM
well i dont think its corrosion because they were working and i was flippin back and forth from high to lows and than done no more high
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:35 PM
I am not 3rd gen know all but this problem typically is associated with the switch itself inside the steering column.Sometimes the contacts inside get dirty and make bad contact and you may be able to cheap out and just remove the cover and blow out.Or remove assembly and clean,lube contact points and try again.Unless the electrical part is worn out.I assume you have a standard column light switch,like I said not 3rd gen savy but sure this is what you have.Unless this issue is common and others have dealt with they can chime in and add or correct my suggestion.I had the issue with my truck just lost low beams,hi worked and internal electrical piece on switch worn out.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:03 PM
thanks for ur idea ill give it a shot tomorrow but im so fed up with that car right now i dont even want to look at it
Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:53 AM
did some more searching and decided im going to check the wiring harness for the lights as well but what im unclear about is it grounds or a plug under the battery tray
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search