Car still will not start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car still will not start
Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:22 AM
OK I'm at my wits end.

To recap I put a new timing chaing, sprockets, guides and water pump on my 01 2.4L. Now the car won't start.

It's all back together. The timing is dead on. I made sure of it before I put it all back together. When the crank marks were lined up, the bolts slid through the sprocket holes and into the block like butter. I probably turned it over by hand about 20 times and check it every 2 revolutions. Turned nice and smooth. I have no idea why she won't start. Fuel pump runs, tank is full. Battery is getting low from cranking but it doesn't even try to start.

I also put a new 02 sensor on. And changed the oil. Everything is plugged in properly. I also installed a lightened crank and alternator pulley at the same time. I don't see how they could cause a problem. The sensor that's above the oil filter (crank?) seems to be fine. That's the only other thing I can think of as to why it won't fire.

For the love of god someone help!

Re: Car still will not start
Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:24 AM
emails

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:51 PM
OK so it started up. All I did was unplug the crank sensor, try to start it, plugged the sensor back in and it started after a couple of revolutions. Now it just died on me and I can't get it to restart. Faulty sensor? Could I have messed something up turning the crank by hand??

On a side note it was a bit noisy at first but quieted down and runs very nice.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:03 PM
I would say replace the sensor. Did you possibly damage the wires when you were in there? Maybe that why it worked then didn't work after you were playing with the connection? I would bet its the sensor but could also be the wires.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:08 PM
The wires look ok and I've changed the oil on this thing so many times and never messed the sensor or wires up before.

Could something be screwy between the sensor and my new lightweight pulley?

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:51 AM
sensor replaced. No change.

Friday, July 30, 2010 2:56 PM
Well for those who care, it was the damn connector for the CKP sensor. That's all it was. I probably tore the thing all back apart for nothing. So word to the wise. Be careful removing your oil filter lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search