Ticking/Clicking Sound Coming From My Left Rear Wheel When Turning Right? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ticking/Clicking Sound Coming From My Left Rear Wheel When Turning Right?
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:52 PM
Ok - so i have search this forum and the Suspension & Brake forum for everythign from Turning, Clicking, Ticking everything I could think of and nothing really relates to my issue.

So here it is - Just started tonight, when ever you take a right, like into a parking lot or a side street, I get this ticking/clicking sound that actuaslly sounds just like it does when you have a nail or rock in the tire - so naturally thats the first thing i checked and nothing. It seems to click faster the faster you take the turn, if you take it easy it only does it a few times. I got down there and reached back and shook the @!#$ out of the Shock and i got it to make the niose a couple of times, but can't tell if it's coming from that or what. Going to check the bushing where the shock attaches to see if it's as simple as replacing that bushing (running d-specs and they are only about 2 1/2 maybe 3 years old) but if its not that not sure what it is. Higgins said it could be the bearings, or axle - but i just wanted to see if anyone else was having or has had this same issue and what it ended up being.

Thanks in advance - Donnie

Re: Ticking/Clicking Sound Coming From My Left Rear Wheel When Turning Right?
Friday, April 09, 2010 9:26 PM
same exact thing happened on my 93 cavy. Bad outer CV joint.
Re: Ticking/Clicking Sound Coming From My Left Rear Wheel When Turning Right?
Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:43 PM
oh, sorry disregard that. no cv joints in back lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search