ebrake cable help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ebrake cable help
Friday, March 20, 2009 3:29 PM
I bought new ebrake cables but am having a difficult time understanding how the main cable attaches to the 2 caliper cables. Here is a pic of what I have...

Re: ebrake cable help
Friday, March 20, 2009 4:01 PM
Just looked at my other Sunfire, I am missing a big metal clip... should it have came with the cable, do I get it seperate? Sucks, no brake mock-up tonight lol.

Friday, March 20, 2009 4:09 PM
how much did the new cables cost you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 20, 2009 4:10 PM

Friday, March 20, 2009 5:04 PM
$90...

but as I have just found out and should have realized, they don't work. I am using the Baer setup but I am using Corvette calipers instead of Camaro's, the big difference being the ebrake setup, and ofcourse the big @!#$ up I made was the fact they are too long, I knew this but still forgot and went ahead and purchased them. I have Neon cables I am going to use, I just have to crimp on different ends (opened end like stock, not the factory Neon ball type end) and it should fit wonderful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 20, 2009 5:06 PM

Friday, March 20, 2009 8:35 PM
Equalizer, that's what I need to make the stock cables to work... and of course custom brackets to hold onto the ebrake cables apposed to the factory locations. I have the custom brackets that I am going to bolt onto the trailing arm but where in the hell do I find this equalizer? I will hit up the wreckers in the morning but I may hit up GM... sucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 20, 2009 8:36 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search