coil module question - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
coil module question
Friday, March 20, 2009 10:50 AM
How many people here has had to replace their coil module on the 2200. Mine is fried the cheapest I found was for 170 dollars through advanced auto and my brother in law found me one through a mechanic friend for around 40 dollars but its used. Everyone tells me not to worry about it that the coil modules rarely ever go out. So what is your guys input on this should I just buy the new one or get the used one that wouldn't sell me junk?

Re: coil module question
Saturday, March 21, 2009 1:16 PM
If you want to go new.... I'de go MSD

but I'de just go to a salvage yard and get a cheap replacement..... better yards will give you another one if you get home and the one they gave you turns out to be bad.

It shouldn't cost much.... You can usually get a complete IDI assembly for a 2.4 (coils, ICM, cover, the entire thing) for $40 from a place like that, so a coil pack for a 2200 shouldnt be much.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:10 PM
Ok thanks man and whats up with the MSD I have heard people on here talking about it but I haven"t had a chance to check it out yet?
Saturday, March 21, 2009 5:40 PM
MSD is a company that makes ignition systems for everything from full blown drag cars to stuff like we drive.

There web site

Msd stands for multiple spark discharge.... there damn good ignition systems. and probably the best well known.

But if your not hoping up your car and just want to make it run right.... id go the stock replacement route like I was talking about before.

Aftermarket ignitions are more of a supporting mod anyway.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search