sunfire bogging at low rpms - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunfire bogging at low rpms
Friday, September 26, 2008 10:08 PM
hey guys i am having a problem with my car starting tonight and trying to figure out what it can be .. the past week i found that my service engine light would come on .. then go off then back on again .. i hauled off the oxygen sencer and took one off my 2.2 cav engine and put that one in. ran it down the road fine and no problems untill tonight on the way going getting the girlfriend from work. i noticed at idle speeds the car would be spuddery and would not die out or anything. on the highway the car would bogg out a little. so when i got home , i put my other oxygen sencer back in the car and when i took this out , it was all full of black ash . i was thinking it was my converter all bolcked up but i am not really sure. i do have a high flow magna flow converter on the car. also there about an year ago i changed the plugs with ngk platums instead of AC delco plugs . wouldent be the fuel pump cause i just turned the key and hear the pump click in and out. would it be a vacuum leak or something?

does anyone know what would cause this problem or has anyone had this problem before?

i forgot to mension my car is a 1996 sunfire 2.2

thanks

chris

Re: sunfire bogging at low rpms
Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:21 AM
guys does anyone know what this can be ? or have any idea ? i done a search but couldent really find anything....also i forgot to mension that the service engine light is not on and also its an 5 spd
Re: sunfire bogging at low rpms
Saturday, September 27, 2008 7:20 AM
i just got it fixed .. i tryed the TPS first and it wasnt that so i tryed a sensor right on top right next to the trottle body and when i took it off it was really clogged up .. so i cleaned it up a bit and put a new one in there.. works perfect. is there anything i can use to fulley clean the sensor? i beleve the sensor is called the air flow sensor ??

can i use anything to clean the trottle body?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search