How to fix a punched door lock - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to fix a punched door lock
Monday, January 22, 2007 11:02 AM
so my car got broken into...

3rd time now.

so no one in milwaukee/ s.e. wisconsin, buy any hot phoniex gold xenon 400.1 amps. and MB Quart PWE 252 10" subwoofer. thats an older school sub too, bought it before mb quart was sold. grrrrrr.

but worse yet to get in they punched the drivers side door lock all the way in. estimates are about 350-600 bucks (600 = carstar)

because they have to weld, then paint. etc.

Could I just use jb weld and just have that cylinder stuck in place forever then.

If I do jb-weld it, is it possible to in the future undue the jbweld?

Re: How to fix a punched door lock
Monday, January 22, 2007 11:10 AM
i would just get it done right. make sure its sealed off or else it could start to rust

btw buy an alarm

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:24 PM
you could pull the lock cylinder out of both drivers and passenger sides,bondo it,but leave your door handles,paint with some Dupli Color paint,i'm assuming you have keyless entry,if not do as said above,buy an alarm with keyless entry,same thing happened to my car,they ripped a HUGE hole in my trunk and tried to punch out the pass. side lock

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:36 PM
I would do the same thing if you got keyless entry, I would cover up the door lock holes, With filler.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:26 PM
if you drive that car in wisconsin winter i would weld a panel in and then use filler, bondo+cold+closing car door=cracking down the road

'spit chew hits soldiers boot'
"thats a real nasty habit you got there"
"this stuff will make you a sexual tyransaur just like me"
jesse the body ventura in Predator
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:35 PM
good advice about the filler,it's cold in Michigan too

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:48 PM
get them welded, no filler, all metal. best way to do it but more expensive.

Monday, January 29, 2007 5:59 AM
all the shops want to weld a plate, then make a new hole for the cylinder. If I had power door locks i'd go the shaving the door lock route. right now I just have the lock stock in there debating what I should do.

This is the 3rd time the car was broken into... And this time I am living in a fairly nice place, with underground closed (but not locked, there are doors) parking.

and someone went down there and took their time. they unhooked the amp, didn't cut any wires. They even stole my custom (self made) corner sub box. who the heck is goign to want that.

grrrr.
Monday, January 29, 2007 6:47 AM
how about you buy an alarm?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search