NO DRL and NO Lights, Brights on ALL the time - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NO DRL and NO Lights, Brights on ALL the time
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:40 AM
I have a 2004 Cavalier, I was driving home one late night and my brights turned on by themselves and then I turned them off, alright, then they turned on again and stayed on the entire way home, EVEN after shutting the car off and taking my keys out. I turned the dial to "OFF" and they still were on. I disconnected the battery for them to shut off. in the morning I reconnected the battery and they worked perfectly again. then last night I was at my girlfriends and i had to move my car and noticed I had no DRL again and the brights symbol (little blue light) was on constantly even if there were no lights on. if i switched it to lights on, only the brights would work, i tried to click them from normal to brights but no change. I checked all the fuses to the left of the dash inside the car and there were no blown fuses, I don't know how to check the huge fuse type thing for the DRL (the fuse looks like a big box) but i thought i'd post and see if anyone had any ideas or had a similar problem, there was another problem that may or may not be related but there would be sometimes when the DRL would be on and then they would flicker and shut off and then a trouble code would turn on and the DRL would shut off, but the normal lights would work. PLEASE HELP!

"Sink or Swim, Do or Die!"

Re: NO DRL and NO Lights, Brights on ALL the time
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 11:56 AM
Well you could have a loose corroided terminals in the headlight harness, Youre DRL relay could be shot, You are getting low beams working?.

GoodLuck,
Re: NO DRL and NO Lights, Brights on ALL the time
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:00 PM
Nope, no low beams at all, only brights when i switch the lights on, i have tail lights and i don't think my parking lights work either.

"Sink or Swim, Do or Die!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search