Popping noise please help! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Popping noise please help!
Friday, January 12, 2007 4:31 PM
I searched this form and I couldnt find anything. I have a 96 2.4L sedan and when I shift from park to reverse or from neutral to drive I hear a popping sound! I just chabged my torque strut mount because my enginge was shaking and thought that would solve the shaking and popping sound. It stopped to motor from shaking quite a bit but it still does it a little. Can anyone tell me what could be the cause of both problems? I was assuming it was because of the mounts but i just changed it and changed the motor mount about 1 yr ago is there any other mount I should look into or could it be the axle?

when it comes to boobs i need a girl with bad grades cause im tired of all the ones walking around with straight a's

Re: Popping noise please help!
Friday, January 12, 2007 9:48 PM
Where does it sound like it's coming from?

Friday, January 12, 2007 9:53 PM
front passenger side

when it comes to boobs i need a girl with bad grades cause im tired of all the ones walking around with straight a's
Friday, January 12, 2007 10:15 PM
Well I had the same problem with my 01 cavalier, Everytime I put it inot reverse or drive, It would make a pop sound. I changed the lower motor mount, Still made the sound the I changed the upper motor mount insert, Then the pop sound when away. Ive got both upper and lower poly motor mounts installed, All Ive got is viberations, Nothing major, No engine movement.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:28 AM
just fixed this on my 98 2200 yesterday trans mount is shot but i replaced all three mount shifts like new now no sounds. (trans mount, torque strut, and upper insert)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search