steering wheel cover thing? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
steering wheel cover thing?
Monday, January 08, 2007 2:38 PM
I already posted this question on my other post about the headlight switch replacement. But I guess everyone that's tried to help me and others in the past didn't have the luxury of the a tilt wheel. Okay the top cover just pops right off no problem, but the bottom cover, the one with the three screws won't just fall off. How do I get it over my igniition and tilt wheel lever, and yes I've already removed the three screws from the bottom cover. Please help me asap.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Re: steering wheel cover thing?
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:28 AM
It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly... I THINK the tilt level literally unscrews. And yes, be sure you took out the 3 screws.

Sold 6/30/06.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 6:29 AM
Tilt Lever*

Sold 6/30/06.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:55 PM
I know how to get the peice around the steering wheel off, since i did it today! The top peice pops right off, just pull up and out, and then on the bottom there are 3 bolts, 7mm i beleve. *(or 9/32....) Before that can really come off, you gonna have to take off your tilt peice, just take some plyers (if you have to) and it unscrews, then, it comes off after you move it around your ingation peice. When it comes to taking off the switch use a small wrench, its alot easer. Let me know if you can get those wires undone, or the easy trick to ti, i tryed but ran out of time and had to button everything back up. But i found it a bear to get themout. So let me know the trick.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search