Headgasket 2.4 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headgasket 2.4
Monday, January 08, 2007 7:34 AM
I've come to a point where I believe it is time for the headgasket to be replaced. Only thing is what else needs/should be done during this time period I read some place else I should replace the water pump while i'm doing the gasket as well as check my valves and piston rings. Anything else? Also where is some place to get a headgasket at. I though I knew a place that made a non boost application head gasket but I can't find it now. Thanks in advance

Re: Headgasket 2.4
Monday, January 08, 2007 10:05 AM
Talk to Hypsy about getting a cometic MLS NA headgasket (http://www.ryne.com). He sells Cometic gaskets.

As far as what to check, you pretty much got it. I'd replace the thermostat down there too, with a stock one, you'll need a couple gasket sets, like the cam tower cover gaskets, cam tower to head gaskets, and timing chain cover gasket. If you can get your hands on a secret cam set, this is the time to put them in.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:34 PM
Where can I pick up the gaskets I will be needing? Would autozone have them or would hypsy have the other ones need or do I need to go to the dealership? Is there any challenge on putting the secret cams in? Or will they just drop right in? Also what would I be looking to spend for a set. Because it is shaping up to be a income tax repair season for my car. But have other bills to get paid as well. so it limits me on what exactly I can do. :/

Is the gaskets on the page factory bore or aftermarket?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:35 PM

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:52 AM
There was a set of cams in the classifieds for $80. I know there's another set in there for around $200. They install just like stock cams.

As far as the gasket set, call up Napa, Autozone, Carquest, etc and ask them if they have a rebuild gasket kit. Its pretty much every gasket you'll need.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search