Electrical Problem? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Electrical Problem?
Monday, January 08, 2007 4:56 AM
I own a 1997 Sunfire with 145000 km’s. It has the 4 speed auto. A couple of problems have arisen as of late:
1. This past summer the ETS/traction control light came on. I had the problem inspected by a mechanic who indicated the TCC solenoid was starting to go; however, the car does not stall when coming off the highway, etc. The car is working like a top otherwise.
2. The check engine is flickering. Sometimes it will fade in and go off, other times it will flicker, and other times it will come on and stay on. I know from past experiences that when the check engine light comes on the ETS/traction control won’t work.
3. The Daytime Running Lights (DRL) are not working. The DRL indicator on the dash is flashing. This problem only happened recently.
So, what I’m wondering is: is it possible the three problems above are connected? Is it possible there is something wrong with the car’s “computer” that maybe causing all these problems or could it be something else? Thanks.

Re: Electrical Problem?
Monday, January 08, 2007 5:57 AM
1. The TCC solenoid doesn't have anything to do with the engine stalling, its a transmission part.

2 and 3 sound like an electrical problem. Check your battery connections, after that you probably have either a bad alternator, bad battery, or some other ground in the system.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search