Headlight switch ?'s - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight switch ?'s
Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:42 AM
Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while. But it never fails, I always get the answers I need in a day or two from you all. So anyway, I've noticed a couple of posts about the low beams turning off especially when I using the left turn signal. I've ran into this problem the past three nights. I'm also forced to put slight pressure back on the lever to keep them running. I was needing the part number and best prices for the headlamp switch unit. I have a 99 cavy w/tilt wheel and cruise. I'd like to get a good idea of what I'll be paying or what I can save buy buying online or going to the dealer.

Also, how difficult is it too remove and replace. I just popped off the top cover and it looked like maybe 2 or 3 torx screws. Is it even necessary to remove the bottom cover?

Thanks in advance.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Re: Headlight switch ?'s
Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:27 PM
Any auto parts store should carry them, If you decide to go to the dealer you will pay bit more then at local auto parts. Just give any of the auto places youre cars info they will have you taken care of. For the headlight switch job to be done, Its not a difficult job, Just remove the plastic column Cover, Their should be a few torx bolts their, Unplug the wiring harness, It pops out, added the new one in. Youre good to go. Just give youre self a bit of time, You should have no problems.

GoodLuck.
Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:14 PM
Awesome, thanks Rich. I'll run by autozone and advance tomorrow to see what's up. Doesn't sound like this'll be too bad at all.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:18 PM
Ok so I got the part, and with further inspection of the new part it looks like there are only two hex screws. The first one on top is easy as pie to get out, but how do I go about taking the front one of. It faces toward the the back of the steering wheel. I was under the impression that I wouldn't have to remove the steering wheel itself. Someone please tell me how to get this second screw out. I need help asap so I can get this done tonight, thanks.

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:23 PM
you wont have to, i ran into this problem about 2 weeks ago...get the one on the top halfway tightened, then just use like a little wrench to get the one on the side...its sorta tough to get to, but not too bad, hopefully u can get it, should be the same as mine, i have a 97.

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:37 PM
Okay so I have my 7mm wrench, and I can see how I can get it off by going through the top beween the switch assembly and the steering wheel. But is there an easier way. How do you go about getting the bottom cover off. I have tilt wheel if that makes a difference. And if there is no other way, how did you screw it back in the front of the switch assembly?

Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:16 PM
Im having the same issue as SHOBS. I never could get the bottom plastic piece piece from the steering column. So I took the bottom screw out with a 7mm wrench, but couldn't get it back in again with that bottom piece still on. I went ahead and put it all back together for the time being without the other screw in. But how do you remove that bottom plastic piece without breaking it?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search