black flap under rad - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
black flap under rad
Monday, January 01, 2007 4:46 PM
what is that black flap underneath the rad that just hanging down under the rad which in like 1 by 10 inches because mine fell off (while going through alot of snow), and I was wondering if that is something you need to replace or is it totally pointless and what is it for??

Re: black flap under rad
Monday, January 01, 2007 6:16 PM
I have no clue, but I scrape it everytime I come in my driveway, its rather annoying because the first time I did it I thought, 'HOLY @!#$ i JUST SCRATCHED THE CRAP OUT OF MY BUMPER', but no it turned out to be that plastic piece. There are 2 or 3 bolts holding it in, so I'm sure you can remove it.

----------------------------

Monday, January 01, 2007 6:17 PM
Its called a lower air dam.

The main function is to divert air up towards the radiator.

The secondary function is curb feeler.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 2:19 PM
i took mine of a couple years ago because my cavi is lowered and i got tired of hearing it everytime i pulled into a drive way and have had no problems i work in an autobody shop and noone has ever said to me its a have to have thing
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:28 AM
It's used to occasionally remind drivers of lowered cars to pay attention At least that's what it did for me.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:36 AM
It was originally designed to help direct airflow up-to the radiator....but it is really not required.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search