Headlight issues... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight issues...
Monday, January 01, 2007 12:13 PM
well, I'm out of town right now and on my pocketPC so navagating the site is pretty hard.... anyways...

3 days ago, I was driving and I turned on my left blinker. my low beams shut off! my fogs and my brights still worked, but the lows shut off. I parked and turned the car back on and it was fine. they worked again

2 days ago I was in tucson and aame thing... low beams shut off. I was forced to hold the switch back a little bit so the lows would stay on. after jiggling the switch a little they came back on. they would shut off randomly again and again.

yesterday was worse... they would shut off just while driving straight. I dunno what it could be. I did the drl disable over a year ago., and just to make sure the wire didn't get messed up or anything I re-grounded the wire and re did everything. that didn't have any effect on it really...

bad switch? is there a short anywhere? please help... I leave back to texas thursday.

thanks guys.

Re: Headlight issues...
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:05 PM
Sounds to me a bad head light switch, I would also take a look at that DRL wiring again make sure no wiring is getting shorted out. Could have a bare wire exposed to the elments.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:24 PM
Are you getting that service light with the wrench when this happens?

It sounds like your head light switch/ module could be shorting out.

Possible bad relay?

------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:02 PM
no wrench or anything... relays seem fine. I guess I'm just gonna replace the switch and see what's up... hmm...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search