Question about FPR - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about FPR
Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:10 AM
Ok heres my question... Last night while removing my throttle body for some well needed cleaning I noticed fuel dripping down through the vaccuum line that goes from the stock fpr on the fuel rail to the throttle body.. It was actually flowing quite freely. Ive also been having some engine problems lately.. Mainly rough starting and im wondering if maybe this is the problem..

thanks.

Justin

Re: Question about FPR
Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:33 AM
Well you could have a break in the fuel line?. I would get it fixed ASAP, If not youre car will catch fire.
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:34 PM
no no no.. fuel was dripping down THROUGH the vaccuum line.. Ive determined that it must be damaged as I bought a new FPR and tried sucking through that vaccuum port and it was sealed up.. Now I just have to figure out how to get that nut out that holds the FPR to the fuel rail.. its pretty damn tight and i may have already stripped it out LOL.. Anyway any tips or tricks or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin
Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:49 PM
Ok so im having a problem... It looks like the screw that attaches the FPR to the fuel rail is a torx screw.. Anyone know what size it is because in the process of trying to remove it I may have stripped it.. This crap is pissing me off because i know whats wrong with my car but I cant fix it because of this stupid screw..

Thanks,

Justin
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search