help! gas leak! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help! gas leak!
Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:39 PM
Hey guys, well im pretty p****d that after getting my alarm/starter put on my 98 sunfire gt, i notice a strong gas smell. I look under the car and see gas dripping just behind the drivers door. Im assuming its a fuel/return line....if it is, is there anyway to temporarily patch it? i did a search but didnt come up with much. Ill be looking to find exactly where the leak is in the morning and need it fixed by the afternoon to get to work....and im not spending like 600$ at the dealer. Suggestions? Of course if something else is the cause then im pretty sc****d.

98 sunfire gt (2.4L) @ 241,500kms

Re: help! gas leak!
Sunday, October 29, 2006 10:56 PM
You could always go to youre local auto parts store get a rubber fuel line& clamps, Then just cut youre old fuel line add the rubber fuel line in its place. My friend had to do this on his 18hr road trip, He was lucky that had worked for him on his Cavalier.

Good Luck

Keep us updated.
Monday, October 30, 2006 8:49 PM
ok what do i use to cut the line? a hacksaw or something? and what kind of rubber fuel line do i need? like size and all?

98 sunfire GT 2.4L @ 241,500kms
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:36 PM
basically jus go to advance or autozone and look for rubber hoses that says fuel line hoses or etc. jus make sure it says fuel line hose or w/e!! : )

98'zeta veinte-quatro
(z24)......
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:47 AM
ok, ill go check out the stores here in Ottawa....what kind of tool do i use to cut the old line? just a hacksaw or something?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search