Coolant Leak On side Of Engine - Maintenance and Repair Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Coolant Leak On side Of Engine
Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:22 AM
Hi all, I have a quick question that I'm sure someone can help out with. Over the last few months, I've noticed some coolant on my garage floor. Over time, the leake got worse and worse, until yesterday it was pouring out like a faucet. I popped the hood and noticed that the leak is coming from the driver side of the engine near the top and on the side. Is that where the thermostat is located? It looks like it's right by the power steering pump/resoviour. I suppose its the gasket in the thermostat.

Does anyone have any idea how to change this thing? It looks real crammed with hoses and I have no clue what to do first.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Re: Coolant Leak On side Of Engine
Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:04 AM
2.4 engine, there is a plastic T bolted into the block with a seal, goes to upper rad, there is a head (which can crack) and a head gasket.. check that seal first

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: Coolant Leak On side Of Engine
Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:23 AM
That's not your thermostat, but your in the correct spot , it's the o-ring inside the black outlet, I had to replace one on my 99 sunfire 2.4, I replaced the black outlet and o-ring and the small o-ring, just clean up around it before you put it on, this does not require any sealant. cost about $35.00cad for parts.
In the car lemon guide 1998 2.4 engines dealer will fix.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search