car takes long to start.. no engine light or anything - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car takes long to start.. no engine light or anything
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:53 PM
hey guys,
recently my car started to act out.. when i crank it.. it takes about 20 seconds for it to start . first it chokes and is really slow.. and i have to add lots of gas for it to start.. like its cloged or something? i replaced a fuel filter about 1.5 years ago.. sparks were replaced with ac delco about a year ago.. the cables were replaced about 3 years ago..

just changed the oil and flushed the cooling system, replaced the o2 sensor last year.. soo i dunno what it could be.. i used Sea Foam to see if maybe its carbon build up.. but it didnt help..

anyone? its a 2.2 2000 sunfire auto

Re: car takes long to start.. no engine light or anything
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 7:46 PM
Glad to know i'm not the only one having this problem if you find a solution let me know, because i am having the same problem mainly only when the engine is cold like after it has been sitting overnight but once in a great while it will misfire when the engine is warm always starts up the second time though.
Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:35 AM
You might want to get a fuel pump pressure tested, Could have a failing fuel pump. Or bad injector dirty or plugged.
Thursday, October 12, 2006 6:26 AM
Rich well if you have any of that stuff sooner or later, your going to reach a point where the car will just not start period won't u and you'll wind up stuck and have to have it towed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search