Ok I defenitly need some help here, I'll be loosing my mind soon ! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ok I defenitly need some help here, I'll be loosing my mind soon !
Monday, October 09, 2006 1:38 PM

Ok here it is .... I blew my engine with a s/c a while ago... I found one to replace it it's a 2001 2.4l with 18000 km, that was in a grand am.. So I installed it in my cavalier 1997 only the block and cylinder head all the rest is from my original 2.4. And I ain't putting back the s/c.. At first it started great no signs of anything wrong so I went and test drive it a bit.. It went good till I it a little more gas to punch a bit the engine and it would rev up when I punch the gas.. the engine started to bock a bit and then went realy bad a lot of missfire. I checked all the spark plug again my coil it seemed fine.. Then I noticed my oil pressure was a high 75 psi at idle and the engine was rough. I took a look at my oil pump to see if the pressure switch was stock or something that would jack my lifters up and open my valves a bit ... but nothing there every thing was fine... I tried putting some stuff that clears the oil and cleans the engine ( DTM engine treatment ) the oil pressure went down a more now it's more like 55-60 psi.. I let it go a bit at idle speed and it was still rough stoped it and now it wont start again I have some back fires now trying to start it... So with that I tought maybe I jammed up my catalytic converter with all the miss fire and so I unhooked my exhaust leaving only my headers but it's no better... i'm realy starting to be pissed right now and if anybody could help me giving some ideas i'd be greatfull ..

thx

Ben

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search