problems starting the car - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
problems starting the car
Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:40 AM
as of friday night im having some trouble when starting my car at times it dosen't seem like it wants to turn over then it does and over times it turns over and surges up to 2000 rpm the batery has also died a few times so im supisouis of the batery or the starter but it does turn over in normal time just sounds either really weak or like i've just slamed the gas down after turning the key it's 2003 ls sport with just under 75,000 miles any sugestons would be helpful

Re: problems starting the car
Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:11 PM
First of all any Check engine light on ?.How long has it been since you had a tune up done, Could have a burnout cell in youre battery due over cranking, Starter could also be overheated from over cranking as well, I would get a new filter replaced, Then get youre battery tested to see what kind of volts you got running, If everything checks out in the area, Then I would take a look at the starter for the possible problem.

Good Luck

Keep Us Updated.
Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:55 PM
Autozone tests starters for J-Bodies, had mine tested there when my starter died. Replacing the starter isn't a difficult job, just a tedeous one due to being in such a @!#$ty place.

----------------------------

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:35 AM
had a tester thrown on apears to be the batery acting weird so it's making the car misfire on start up so i just need to swap out the out batery plus im just shy of 75,000 now and almost at 3-1/2 year

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search