Question about fuses... which is? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about fuses... which is?
Saturday, October 07, 2006 7:54 PM
Hi ppl,

Two days ago I crashed a 2006 BMW M6... ... Cavy's front against M6's back... No need to give more details abt what I did to the other car, but it will cost me around US$. 5,000 to fix it... (damn european parts)

My Cavy's driver side corner is almost destroyed... bumper is dented, corner light gone and all the headlamp base destroyed... also the plastic grill is in pieces... the chassis moved back 0.5 inches and got the front impact bar bent...

Nice looking, uh?

Well, the day of the accident, everything on my car was working fine: inner illumination, accesories, front, rear and hazard lights... The next day... at night, started the car and noticed that there were no lights in the panel (instrument clusters and A/C panel)... after taking a look to the fuse cover, there is a RED fuse named INST LIGHT (?)... checked it and was fine... then found a YELLOW one blown... not sure abt the name, but was something like External light (?)... at this point, I figured out that the corner, parking and rear lamps were not working... put another yellow fuse and it blown instantly...

btw, the headlights, brake and hazard lights are fine... also the courtesy lamps at the top and bottom.

I'm sure that the problem is any cable grounding due to the crash... but...
Which one is the fuse for the dashboard lighting? Is it the red one or the yellow one sharing the same circuit of the external lights? In case is the red one, and it's fine... where else to check?

Thanks for your feedback.

Re: Question about fuses... which is?
Sunday, October 08, 2006 8:24 AM
The Interior Lamps fuse is wired in parrallel with the Exterior Lamp fuse to let you know that you have a problem with the exterior lamps somewhere. The Exterior Lamps fuse has all exterior lighting, except for the headlamps running off it.

I would start with the marker/ turn/parking lamps in the damaged area. Look for broken bulbs, damaged sockets and cut or stripped wiring. Make the repairs to any shorts as needed, and try a new fuse again.

Re: Question about fuses... which is?
Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:55 AM
Oh! thank you so much BadJack, exactly what I was waiting for... that's giving me a good idea of what's going wrong...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search