weird thing happened, please help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird thing happened, please help
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:57 PM
I just got my car back the other day from having the air conditioner and breaks fixed. Today when coming out of the gas station my antifreeze was leaking fast, and when i turned it on it made a weird chirping sound. I took it home and put more antifreeze in to see if there was a leak, but there wasn't one. When i started it the belt looked loose, but after warming the car up it stopped. Do these have anything to do with each other, or just a weird coincedance.

Re: weird thing happened, please help
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 4:40 AM
Maybe anti-freeze on the belt caused it to squeak. Wouldn't worry about the squeak unless it came back. I'd worry more about where the anti-freeze came from.
Don
Re: weird thing happened, please help
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:00 AM
i once had a lower radiator hose that had rubbed against something on the outside of the AC compressor and worked a tiny little hole into the hose, when the engine cooled down the hole would leak and when it was hot the hole was still small enough that i guess the expansion of the hose kept it from leaking

i don't know if i just got lucky finding it on day one or not but i didn't give it a chance to fark me, it's worth checking

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search