engine issues... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine issues...
Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:07 AM
Ok this may not be the right forum but ill give it a shot. My car is pissing me of lately. I have a odd miss when i am driving it hard like shifting from1st to 2nd...it doesnt seem to do it when i am shifting to other gears tho. itll miss and then take off like normal. Im not getting any codes or anything and it seems to get worse the hotter it gets. I put anew fuel filter in,new plugs and the coils are new msd ones as well. The wires are fairley new but im thinking i have bad wires. I took a voltage leak tester and found that 2 of the wires are losing alot more voltrage then the other 2 so maybe this is it? what u guys think? phil

Re: engine issues...
Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:16 AM
I had the similar problem on my truck.....its not a J but anyway. I had a hesitation, low RPM sputter, and even sometimes a good stumble. These all were solved by changing the wires. I think your heading down the right path.
Re: engine issues...
Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:34 AM
My car does the exact same thing, only is second gear it will chug a little then drive like normal. Only does it after warmed up. I changed wires but put el cheapo Napa ones on so maybe I'll change those and see what happens. I've replaced the plugs and coilpacks also. Also, this probably should go in the maintenance forum.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search