Needs some assistance - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Needs some assistance
Friday, August 11, 2006 6:52 PM
I recently started driving a new car...I got a 2000 Grand Am, but my Cavy is still my baby. Though my guy has to drive it now. He ended up denting the hood I was like wtf. lol...Some guy was backing up and he decided to move forward at the same time...Guess you picture the results. Just a dent though. Anyway, moving onto the point of my post. He says the car is acting up. Since yesterday. And the check engine light keeps flashing on and off. Wouldn't you be able to still check for codes for that? See what there is and do some troubleshooting? He tells me no. That it has to stay on. But for some reason I think you don't have to have it that way. Maybe I am wrong. I plan on getting more info from him on what it's doing but that was my main question. I want it to be taken care of even if I am not driving it all the time. Thanks!

Nicole

Re: Needs some assistance
Friday, August 11, 2006 7:31 PM
A flashing CEL is for a misfire.

You need to have the code read to see what cylinders, either PO300 for random, or PO30? depending what cylinder it is.

It can be anything from a bad spark plug, to a clogged, or stuck closed fuel injector, the ICM could be flaking out, lots of things comes to mind, even a bent valve would cause a misfire.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search