Missfiring? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Missfiring?
Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:50 AM
I was driving my cav home from work like everyday. Then just before the last turn it started chugging. Ran extremly poor and accelerated painfuly slow. When it sits at idle is just chugs and seems to have a major missfire. I think it could be the ignition coil pack or a bad cylinder? any other ideas before i start taking it apart? thanks in advance

Kris

Re: Missfiring?
Monday, May 08, 2006 12:09 AM
when i had that prob it was cuz one of my plugs was in there loose

My Car Domain/My My Space/Likemyride.com/Showmeyour.com
Monday, May 08, 2006 9:20 AM
If you purchased gasoline from a station that just had

a tanker truck drop a load, there could be water and

sediment in the storage tanks that was "stirred-up".

Some 'dry gas' in your tank would be my first suggestion....
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 4:58 PM
any Cel ?

friends dont let friends roll stock
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:47 PM
Leland Sparks wrote:If you purchased gasoline from a station that just had

a tanker truck drop a load, there could be water and

sediment in the storage tanks that was "stirred-up".

Some 'dry gas' in your tank would be my first suggestion....

This was true back in the 1980s, but no longer is.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:32 PM
I just got done with a problem like that. One of the coils was the culprit. Runs smooth and steady now.
Friday, May 26, 2006 4:50 PM
ok im having basically same problem. Happened same way you said. here what i has happened after that happened got cel on read puter with actron scanner. got bank 1 ( forward o2 sensor) bank 2 ( rear o2 sensor) and p0300 = multipul/random missifires. and 13 day old convertor was glowing red. cleared codes pulled plugs cylender 1 and 4 were flooded with gas. so tought about what do 1&4 have in common? coils are 1&4 / 2&3 figured that was problem. guess again put on new module 2 coils boots plugs coil harness ground strap. started car ran like only on 2 cylenders. after about 1 1/2mins cel started flashing shut off car read puter again po300 multipul/random missfire again cylenders 1&4 flooded again. now if i let car run get a heavy fuel smell under the hood but no leaks present and no gas smell at rear of car. no smoke from ehaust. before this problem car was running rich for 2-3 weeks. checked timing = dead nuts vacume 19.5-20.5 in hg will do compression and spark test tomm 6/27/06 how ever suspect there will be no problems considering vacume is good no oil or anitfreeze smells or present in cylenders. i will also test resistance on injectors.
my therory at this point is possably fuel pressure regulator. thinking diaphram is stuct open? thinking leaving car in operating psi. but higher cfm? convertor glow was raw fuel hitting it right before i got to work started hearing slight pining from convertor and down pipe but when car runs now no converotor glow and o2 sensors tripped and ample exhaust exiting tail pipe. no codes other than p0300 and traction off light comes on also. have also noticed that plus from cylenders 1&4 are fouled after 1-2mins and now cylender 2&3 are wetter every time i pull them.

presently no codes but po300

any ideas guys will update status tomm afternoon

Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:51 PM
my problem was useing a non AC Delco coil houseing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search