So many engines, so little time, money, etc... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So many engines, so little time, money, etc...
Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:42 AM
Took a few minutes off yesterday on the way home from work to stop and browse through the local Pull-N-Save type wrecking yard near work just to see if there was anything new. Didn't see any J-bodies I wasn't already familiar with, but there were a couple of engines I'd love to have the time, money, strength, etc., to pick up. There was a complete early '90's supercharged 3800 in a Pontiac and an equally complete 3.4 DOHC LQ1 in an early '90's Lumina. There was also a nearly complete 2.3 Quad4 HO in a Grand Am. Of course these are in unknown condition and likely not economically rebuildable, but they were complete and could be had cheap. Heck, I'd even consider just cleaning them up and mounting them on engine stands for display. Of course the daytime high in Spokane (WA) is now in the 30's F, so your work is not enjoyable. But, these engines are rarely seen here and it brings back a bit of the excitement I had for engine building back in the 60's. Oh well, the future belongs to the young. A great Thanksgiving to all! - Mark

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search