Please read---HELP! - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Please read---HELP!
Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:32 PM
I posted this in the maintenance section of the forums and got not response and since I really do need help here I am posting here as well. thanks!!!

Hello there everybody, I would just like to thank you for your time reading this.
I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier, 2.4L.

Keyless Entry problem:

Alright about 2 weeks ago my keyless entry started acting funny. I press unlock once...it unlocks drivers door....twice and nothing. I press lock once....nothing....twice it sets alarm. Trunk works fine and I can set off panic just fine.
I was told to try having my key fob reprogrammed so I did that...nothing. That same day the mechanic working on my car told me that it was not the BCM that it was working properly and that it was the relay....so I replace that....nothing. So I take it back to the dealership and go through a different mechanic who tells me that it is in fact the BCM that is failing.
So I don't know who to believe or what to do since that BCM is of course being the main computer, $200.
I also thought that maybe it was the driver door locks actuator. But I don't know if this could be the cause or not.

Brake Light problem:

Around the same time that the keyless entry started acting funny, so did the brake lights. My aunt was following me one day and informed me that my two main brake lights were't working...only the cyclops light was. So I checked all the fuses and everything and they were all fine. I replaced the bulbs and they were all fine. My parking lights also work fine, along with the reverse lights. Now, they aren't always out. Most often they are working fine.
The dealership informed me that it was the sockets...so $150 for sockets and diagnostics the problem still isn't fixed and the dealership tells me now that there isn't a way for them to figure out the problem because they work most of the time.
I have heard that it might be the turn signal switch and I purchased one but have not installed it for fear that the airbag will deploy on me since I have to take apart the whole kit and kaboodle. I was told by a mechanic that even though he disconnected all the wiring and battery and fuse that two airbags in the cavaliers have still deployed on him working in the vicinity.

Sorry this post was so long and I really do appreciate your input. Hopefully, somebody here can give me some insight. Thanks!!!!

Re: Please read---HELP!
Sunday, August 27, 2006 1:01 PM
do not double post. if you already have a thread in the proper forum, putting another one in the wrong forum won't help any.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search