damn scammers trying to get me again - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
damn scammers trying to get me again
Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:02 AM
i am listing a cartech FMU for sale in the classifieds.

here is what i get:

hello,
I have take a look on your item on behalf of my client, which is
intrested in purchasing your item,i will like to know if you will be
able to sell the item for me,but first? What is the final price of the
item? Is the price firm? Will you be accepting a US certified Check
or money order Contact me with the present state of the item and
your contact information to mail out the payment to you as soon as
possible. regards.....

i am getting sick of this crap. i tried to get scammed when i was listing my egr simulator.

this stuff didnt happen on the .org many years ago. it was easy to sell stuff.

thought i would share.
jake

Team GREEN

Re: damn scammers trying to get me again
Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:09 AM
i don't get what they are scamming, its not like anyone would send out an item without recieving payment in full...i know i wouldn't
Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:16 AM
Jake wrote:this stuff didnt happen on the .org many years ago. it was easy to sell stuff.
It's not a "classified" thing. It's not a JBO thing. It's an internet thing. It's only going to keep getting worse, because no matter how we try, you can't outlaw stupidity. Those that are careful don't get scammed. Keep being careful.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:22 AM
UpincomingZ24 !!! wrote:i don't get what they are scamming, its not like anyone would send out an item without recieving payment in full...i know i wouldn't

Do you live under a rock?? They send you a conterfiet check,usually for more than what they owe you, so you cash it, and get the money and send them back the part and/or the left over cash. Check bounces and your out all the money plus possibly the part...

Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:03 PM
yeah i read somewhere that those guys take over 500 million dollars a year just from stupid americans,

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:11 PM
im sorry but i got an email worded that same way on here when i was trying to sell something and i knew to stay away... you can tell by reading them that somethings not right...
Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:01 PM
Quote:

It's not a "classified" thing. It's not a JBO thing. It's an internet thing. It's only going to keep getting worse, because no matter how we try, you can't outlaw stupidity. Those that are careful don't get scammed. Keep being careful.

True, true.

If you get one of those e-mails, that's what the delete button is for.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:51 PM
got the same one yesterday. just deleted it andmoved on .

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:37 PM
got the same one today for my air ride...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:49 PM
I wrote them back and said paypal only and only for the exact amount....never heard from them again. They are usually from Europe and I think I've got an email on almost everything I've listed in the last year!

Just be careful and watch...not much can be done really.

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, August 25, 2006 6:07 AM
Rosario wrote:
UpincomingZ24 !!! wrote:i don't get what they are scamming, its not like anyone would send out an item without recieving payment in full...i know i wouldn't

Do you live under a rock?? They send you a conterfiet check,usually for more than what they owe you, so you cash it, and get the money and send them back the part and/or the left over cash. Check bounces and your out all the money plus possibly the part...

exactly....it happened to me a while ago...before this became a big thing....no one really know about it...lost about a grand or so...i was like "wow...this guys an idiot....im gonna make so much on this deal"....oops....live and learn right

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:02 AM
Chris DeNisco wrote:
Rosario wrote:

exactly....it happened to me a while ago...before this became a big thing....no one really know about it...lost about a grand or so...i was like "wow...this guys an idiot....im gonna make so much on this deal"....oops....live and learn right

Hey dont feel to bad, my buddy lost 10k.

This was last year and he had no clue about the scam, i mean he spends zero time online and just got on to sell an older car he had.

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:11 AM
Whats funny is when you recieve emails from multiple email addresses and all of them are worded exactly the same.

Friday, August 25, 2006 10:00 AM
ya it sucks. i know it is isnt a .org issue only. just saying i never had these problems back in the day selling crap on here.

but i have learned to be careful and cover my a$$.

Team GREEN

Friday, August 25, 2006 11:34 AM
basically people suck...i dont know if there are too many feelings worse then the feeling of being taken advantage of

Friday, August 25, 2006 12:21 PM
There are scammers on the internet? So I really can't enlarge my penis while reducing my mortgage and allowing the Prime Minister of Zembudaway to park his millions in my personal bank account until he can stop the revolution?

Man, what is this world coming to?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, August 25, 2006 12:35 PM
John Wilken wrote:There are scammers on the internet? So I really can't enlarge my penis while reducing my mortgage and allowing the Prime Minister of Zembudaway to park his millions in my personal bank account until he can stop the revolution?

Nope sorry dude, nothings gunna make that thing any bigger...

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:59 PM
Viva La Revolution! lol

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:07 PM
Man, I try and try to get these bastards to email me... never happens... instead, I get offers on my fake classifieds listings!! Sigh....

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:39 PM
Rosario wrote:
John Wilken wrote:There are scammers on the internet? So I really can't enlarge my penis while reducing my mortgage and allowing the Prime Minister of Zembudaway to park his millions in my personal bank account until he can stop the revolution?

Nope sorry dude, nothings gunna make that thing any bigger...

Not true, it gets bigger every year. (my morgage)

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search