Most Miles Driven Record Holder - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Most Miles Driven Record Holder
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:22 PM
Who holds the record for having a jbody that has been driven the most miles?

Re: Most Miles Driven Record Holder
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:26 PM
idk about who has the most miles on their car total, but i know Lenko probably has the most miles in one trip... going to the bash and back.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:27 PM
I had a 89 Sunbird with 220k no record holder, but I did put 62k miles in one year on my 99 Z24

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:34 PM
Hmm, a friend of mine who comes to this site very seldomly, bought a brand new 03 cavy and (even though he couldn't drive it for about 6 months for various reasons), he still has almost 115000 on it. In about 2 1/2 years!!!! I tell him he is crazy!!

Go Go OG Traction!!
Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:29 AM
when i worked at the dealership, we had a company who would buy fleet cavaliers fairly regularly.

their employees put over 100k/year on their cavaliers.

the last one i remember them trading in was a 2002 with over 300k on it.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:21 AM
not a j-body but my brothers friend back in high school had a crx with over 500k miles on it.

my cavi is currently sitting at just shy of 160k.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:46 AM
I remember watching an episode of The Late Show and they had a guy with a car that had 999,999 miles on it. For the show they had him drive around the block until it clicked over to 1 mil. miles. I recal the guy saying that the car, which I don't remember what make/model, said it went through three motors and two trannys.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:52 AM
ihavenolife000 wrote:I remember watching an episode of The Late Show and they had a guy with a car that had 999,999 miles on it. For the show they had him drive around the block until it clicked over to 1 mil. miles. I recal the guy saying that the car, which I don't remember what make/model, said it went through three motors and two trannys.

volvo.

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

you know, i love when people like to criticize others about their behavior,
but turn around and do the same freaking thing months later...
Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:14 AM
Well I have 240k km on my car and just did a 4600 km round trip to Nova Scotia and back.... Longest distance I ever drove Car runs awesome still but had to do some front suspension work when I got back. Was just lucky it didn't happen while I was gone!!
Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:34 AM
I beat Lenko out on the trip from seattle to Atlanta to get my car down here! Someone else is about to really let loose on their Beretta though! Atlanta to Anchorage in 10days .......yea, that's a trip for ya! I have no clue how they're gunna do it in 10days with only two drivers?

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:40 AM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:I beat Lenko out on the trip from seattle to Atlanta to get my car down here! Someone else is about to really let loose on their Beretta though! Atlanta to Anchorage in 10days .......yea, that's a trip for ya! I have no clue how they're gunna do it in 10days with only two drivers?

What's insane about 4300 miles in 10 days with 2 drivers? That's only 430 miles a day which is what about 6-7 hours of driving? I did MI to CA in two 18 hour days with one driver.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:50 AM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:I beat Lenko out on the trip from seattle to Atlanta to get my car down here! Someone else is about to really let loose on their Beretta though! Atlanta to Anchorage in 10days .......yea, that's a trip for ya! I have no clue how they're gunna do it in 10days with only two drivers?

What's insane about 4300 miles in 10 days with 2 drivers? That's only 430 miles a day which is what about 6-7 hours of driving? I did MI to CA in two 18 hour days with one driver.

CA to MI 1 Driver, 100% non stop driving (1 stop in OK City to Rotate 4 tires in the middle of a hotel parking lot, 1 stop in Haysville KS to do a rear disc conversion) no sleep, no nothing, got to MI in about 48 hours..... actual driving time 31 hours to get from CA to MI.

CA to MD, 2900 miles, 44 hours of driving. That drive really took a toll on my body.
CA to KS 1500 miles ? 16-17 hours non stop driving.

Then there is the trip with Chad, CA to IL to MI to Canada... Chad how long did that trip take us? At least to get to MI? I know there was a major crash on the highway which we had to stop for about 3-4 hours and do nothing... but I really cant remember how long the trip took us...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:53 AM

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:00 AM
Right now on my 97 cavalier ( daily driver ) has 355.000KM on it..... 2nd motor with about 160.000KM on it....

WHAA HAAPEN?!
Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:00 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

CA to MI 1 Driver, 100% non stop driving (1 stop in OK City to Rotate 4 tires in the middle of a hotel parking lot, 1 stop in Haysville KS to do a rear disc conversion) no sleep, no nothing, got to MI in about 48 hours..... actual driving time 31 hours to get from CA to MI.

CA to MD, 2900 miles, 44 hours of driving. That drive really took a toll on my body.

Then there is the trip with Chad, CA to IL to MI to Canada... Chad how long did that trip take us? At least to get to MI? I know there was a major crash on the highway which we had to stop for about 3-4 hours and do nothing... but I really cant remember how long the trip took us...

Or the other adventourous trip from Los Angeles to San Diego to Chicago to Detroit.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:49 AM
I must have treated my body pretty bad over the years cuz I went to Mrytle Beach from Atlanta twice (4-5hour) and thought I was gonna need a wheelchair when I got out I was so sore. That was is an '02 Taurus which rode better than the Cav.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:08 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:

Or the other adventourous trip from Los Angeles to San Diego to Chicago to Detroit.

Pfft and then there will be me and Karo driving my sunfire from MD to CA in January

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:11 AM
Can I come?

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:19 AM
Ask Karo...if we take my Sunfire, thats gonna be real fun with my stuff and the 3 of us, and you guys would be flying out first.

But if he drives the Trailblazer out here to MD first, there will probably be enough room.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 4:41 PM
I drove from chicago to orlando straight through just rest stops and two food breaks. and that was all done on my drivers permit. Also drove it all the way back later that week.

Winks Online Click Here

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:48 PM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:Can I come?

I dont know about that part, not sure how well that would go trying to stuff 3 people in a 2dr car along with all her stuff......

BTW why the heck do you want to go to MD? LOL

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:56 PM
I guess I just can't stick it through that long......i get tired from hanging around 2+hr car meets lmao!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:07 PM

That is nothing. Went From Middle of Pa to anchorage in 5 days. It is easy going up. Cause you get more time to drive every time zone it is coming back that is the pita! Who ever is going up Is gonna love the Sites they are going to see. I would never turn down the chance to drive up agian! Just amazing!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:44 PM
GM had a Million Mile club in the 50's to the 70's... I think they disbanded it after the gas crisis in the mid 70's.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

And now for something completely different... Click the Minister.
Friday, August 18, 2006 8:36 AM
i remember when i work at the chevy dealer , there was a monthly inside news type magazine thing we used to get

there was a 2nd gen cav with over 400,000 or 500,000 , and had only brakes , and clutchs , tires , normal wear items replaced

karo id go so to kick my cousin that moved to MD , lol

Friday, August 18, 2006 11:04 AM
I know there are plenty higher then mine, as soon as i get a new cluster i know i should be near the 200K mark.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search