Window Tint, Hows ur dot matrix look? - Page 3 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Window Tint, Hows ur dot matrix look?
Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:43 AM
Alright well midwest told me to do 5% they wont be able to give me a receipt cuz its illegal.. which kinda worries me only because of teh warrenty.. I was pretty sure that on the back 3 windows the tint can be any percent but maybe im wrong.. havent looked at Indiana tint laws. Now if i do use midwest i will make sure to get a pic of my car in their shop so i have something valid if sumthing happens i can prove they tinted it but i dont think that would be a prob.. The only thing i have to worry about is my mom is paying for it for me for xmas and she told me that she wont get it done if they cant give a receipt. So ill have to go to Park Avenue auto care and get the window done is 15%..
But i also just called Tinted Wave by reference of my cousin. Theyll do 5% for $140 but they cant gaurentee the dot matrix.. so i might tell them not to try it and ill just put vinyl over it.. He said if they do 5% it will run $30 more than if they did 20%, im guessin that is maybe a fee they pay to save themselves.. Now also they put a lil sticker on ur car in the bottom of the windshield to prove they did it.. My cousin's integra looks flawless. they said they use a chemical bond to help the dot matrix but may shows some white spots.. so im assuming there using a glue and on my cousin's integra there were 4 lil spots but u cant see em till ur right on em.. I'm kinda guessing Tinted Wave will be doing it. Now some may says it expensive but im not paying for it.. ill be paying $20 total.. and thats for 2 strips of black vinyl(Decal Kits (2)12x60" Vinyl Visor Strips) I have bought red vinyl strips off them and some decals and have loved their quality and service.

Thanks for everyones help.

Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:46 AM
mines 5 % and looks perfict at the matrix with no air after 2 years

Saturday, December 17, 2005 5:47 PM
To my knowledge, there are NO states in which it is legal to have the back windows tinted as dark as you want. That is a wide misconception. In Virginia, the front two glasses can be 50%, the back three 35%, no darker. In West Virginia, all windows can't be any darker than 35%. I varies widely by state, but I don't think that there are any states where it doesn't matter how dark they are.

According to this site, it can't be any darker than 30%.

And I went to a place while I had VA tags and they tinted my windows 35% but they told me that since it was illegal, they trusted me not to tell the police who tinted it when/if I got a ticket (the guy knew me pretty well) and he still gave me a receipt with the warranty. Of course, I did get a ticket, and I never did tell him tinted it (they never asked, either)

Hope that helped.

Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:08 AM
Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:To my knowledge, there are NO states in which it is legal to have the back windows tinted as dark as you want. That is a wide misconception. In Virginia, the front two glasses can be 50%, the back three 35%, no darker. In West Virginia, all windows can't be any darker than 35%. I varies widely by state, but I don't think that there are any states where it doesn't matter how dark they are.

And I went to a place while I had VA tags and they tinted my windows 35% but they told me that since it was illegal, they trusted me not to tell the police who tinted it when/if I got a ticket (the guy knew me pretty well) and he still gave me a receipt with the warranty. Of course, I did get a ticket, and I never did tell him tinted it (they never asked, either)

Hope that helped.

Arizona it's legal to have the back as dark as you want. I was told by a cop it can be painted black, but the front has to be %35

Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:21 AM
i think multi tint %'s just looks gh3y

Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:45 PM
I know CT the rear can be anything you want too as long as the sides are 35%. I agree with Adam in that having a multi-tint looks stupid too. Some tinters I know will actually take a razor and cut the dot matrix off, that is if they are really good and have the balls to do it. I'm still looking for a custom shop that can handel the Dot-matrix. As for painting, I know that there is also a type of tint that has to be painted on to the windows, I believe one company is called Huper Optiks. The tint looks amazing, only thing is that it is hard to find a shop that does paint tinting rather than film tiniting. I have a month for my Christmas Vacation so I plan on getting tints and if I get it done nicely I will post up some pics. (That is if I find a place that will handel the dot-matirx without vinals and shiot)

Sunday, December 18, 2005 12:51 PM
If any one needs it I found a complete list of Tint laws updated in 2004

Tint Dude - State Tint Laws

Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:35 PM
Yeah, I suppose I was wrong about the that...I guess there are some states that you can have as dark as you want in the rear.

Corsica Dude, it looks like in AZ, you can also have the back side windows as dark as you want them...just the front can't be any darker than 33%.

But in Indiana, it can't be any darker than 30% on any windows to be legal.

Woops...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:18 AM
Crystal(CrazyCavGirl) OR Jacob wrote:To my knowledge, there are NO states in which it is legal to have the back windows tinted as dark as you want. That is a wide misconception. In Virginia, the front two glasses can be 50%, the back three 35%, no darker. In West Virginia, all windows can't be any darker than 35%. I varies widely by state, but I don't think that there are any states where it doesn't matter how dark they are.

Hope that helped.

I live in va and my front windows are 30% and my back are 30%

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search