John Hennessey - The Crook - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
John Hennessey - The Crook
Friday, July 21, 2006 9:24 AM
Here is a pretty interesting read on Mr. Hennessey.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 21, 2006 9:34 AM

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447

Re: John Hennessey - The Crook
Friday, July 21, 2006 9:31 AM
what a son of a bitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 21, 2006 9:36 AM

-Borsty
Friday, July 21, 2006 10:12 AM
How old is that?

I remeber years ago reading about a guy who got taken for a lot of money by Hennessey. So im curious as to if this was the same time period or if its still happening

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:16 AM
Rosario wrote:How old is that?

I remeber years ago reading about a guy who got taken for a lot of money by Hennessey. So im curious as to if this was the same time period or if its still happening

Well its on a cherokee srt-8 forum and they just cam out last year or this year so I would say he is still frauding people.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447
Friday, July 21, 2006 4:12 PM
WOW , what a tool

sucks to be any of his customers

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:02 PM
I wouldn't have believed you if you would have just said Hennessey was a crook, but all those people. Holy crap!

Parting out customer's Vipers, selling $140K worth up fake upgrade. I can't believe this guy is still in buisness!!!

Blew my mind.

He's on so many mags with his monster Vipers and whatnot. You would think he would have a sparkling record with customer service. I would send his car back to him if I was a magazine looking to drive it in a comparo. That kind of stuff is unexcusable. It's not like, "Hennessey sucks cause they had my car for an extra week." It's more like "Hennessey sucks cause they parted out my $80,000 car and left it on blocks for 8 months when I dropped $100,000 in mods and won't refund my money or give my car back." That guy should be in jail.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:25 PM
am I the only one this isn't news to? This is all old info (about robbing customers and parting out cars) hell there was even a local guy (if you've seen the insanely fast white supra on the net... him) that hennessey went out of his way to get a hold of (he was tlaking bad about there company/buisness) to challenge the white supra to a drag race, at a track..... hennessey realized he couldn't win so he wanted it to be a full standing mile drag race, still wouldn't be able to win.... let it go, stop posting on the board, stop replying to the e-mails ect...

Friday, July 21, 2006 8:42 PM
This isn't new news...

Hennessey has been a crooked business man for a LONG time, think RSM-type crooked, but a few hundred thousand dollars over and above that.

Primedia mags are all over him because he made the first 800 HP viper, and the Hot Rod/Car Craft magazine publishers gush all over him, so he gets good press, on the outward appearances, but he's gotten a rep for being shady a long time before that from what I've read.

I am really surprised he's still in business, I wouldn't have tolerated that kind of thievery if I had that kind of coin to drop on a car, call the police, and the state attorney general to get his business license suspended.

RIP CPL Brian St.Germain (SAINT), Semper Fidelis

Friday, July 21, 2006 8:54 PM
Darkstars wrote:am I the only one this isn't news to? This is all old info (about robbing customers and parting out cars) hell there was even a local guy (if you've seen the insanely fast white supra on the net... him) that hennessey went out of his way to get a hold of (he was tlaking bad about there company/buisness) to challenge the white supra to a drag race, at a track..... hennessey realized he couldn't win so he wanted it to be a full standing mile drag race, still wouldn't be able to win.... let it go, stop posting on the board, stop replying to the e-mails ect...

old news to me, but with a few new recent posts it's just starting to make it's way around the 'net. And from what I'm told he did have troubles in the past, but has been good with his customers for a bit now (I don't know that first hand of course, just what I'm told)

and theres these threads by Mr. Hennessey
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/21805-farewell-site-supporter.html
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board.html

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Friday, July 21, 2006 9:31 PM
That's funny stuff.

Useless is as useless does.

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:45 PM
Internet Exploder cannot open the Internet site

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/21805-farewell-site-support er.html
or

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own- board.html

Operation Aborted
OK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ack, that is what I got for your links. I wanted to read them too.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:49 PM
Both threads are locked, but they're funny as hell.

I even joined to post and watch the guy implode, but the big ol padlock got slapped on them... I'll watch the forums...

Try getting rid of the spaces in the links you posted RaiLS.. may work better.

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:27 PM
try these, even though the first ones should work

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/21805-farewell-site-supporter.html
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board.html

edit: ok something must be wrong in the forum code because even right now it shows the links correctly, but when posted it adds a space, so just remove them and they'll work it should be supporter.html and own-board.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 21, 2006 10:28 PM

Toon Gallery | Sig Gallery | MySpace Page
Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:51 AM
Link 1
Link 2

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:11 AM
Quote:

John,
The only reason I even posted in the thread was asking you to shed some light on previous claims made from clients of yours.

His response:
Quote:

when did you stop beating your wife? when did you stop masturbating in the shower?

some questions dont deserve answers. if you or anyone else does not want to do business with us then thats your choice.

Quite the business man.

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:29 AM
wow, sounds like a really high-priced version of EIP... EIP gets the same kind of great press in mags all the time, and they're just as crooked, although they don't make off with as much money.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, July 22, 2006 6:49 AM
^^^ I agree, Scarab.

I've gotten a ton of emails over the last few days about these threads and it's just crazy that things like this can go on and nobody does anything about it.

I was happy when I heard my car ran 10s. Then I found out that was 0-60.
Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:07 AM
J H wrote:^^^ I agree, Scarab.

I've gotten a ton of emails over the last few days about these threads and it's just crazy that things like this can go on and nobody does anything about it.

Nobody, including Mr. Hennessey.

Someone hand that guy a shovel.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search