LNF Ecotec will be going in... . - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LNF Ecotec will be going in... .
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:58 AM
Confirmed and it will not come for 2007 m/y.

In the HHR SS, Cobalt SS, and if still around the Saturn ION RL--- possible Astra.
Yes, the wheezy 205HP S/C will be replaced by the DI 260HP Turbo version. Expect it in fall of 2007 for 2008 model year when the car will be freshen up.

Stay tuned.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: LNF Ecotec will be going in... .
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:59 AM
(Now GM, Saturn Astra--put in the quad-link IRS from the Epsilon.)

(Now GM, on the Cobalt remove that 96-00 Civic front end, make the trunk more aestically correct. Loose about 200lbs---to 2800lbs and put in the quad-link IRS from the Epsilon and please stop making the interior cheap feeling/looking.)

You do this... And then you got really got something going. Class leader? Maybe.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:05 PM
Did I read this correctly. HHR SS with a turbo??????? You have gotten my attention. I was looking at a B4C camaro but might hold off now.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:25 PM
Hm...What will become of the current SS 2.4 Model? Changing trim levels again to accompany this? Maybe the LT will have the 2.4 and the SS will have the turbo. Good news for the Cobalt nonetheless.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:40 PM
Quite interesting.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:47 PM
Quote:

Yes, the wheezy 205HP S/C will be replaced by the DI 260HP Turbo version.

So should we take this literally, or will a S/C and turbo version coexist? I know its a longshot for GM to have two types of boost available for the same car, but the S/C looked like it was heading in a good direction and would be a shame to see go. It would be so nice to be able to pick between a 'Cobalt SS Turbo' or 'Cobalt SS Supercharged' in 2008.

(yeah I'm probably dreamin')

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:08 PM
This is actually kinda nice to hear, cuz right now I have my 03 Cavalier Supercharged with the GM kit and in a couple years i'll buy the Turbo Cobalt. Not too shabby.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:27 PM
That is if they can get the turbo version to pass 50 state emissions.

Rumor is the RL Sky will be an ECOtec V6 because of that. (May of been discussed already)

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:31 PM
^^^ You think they'd do that even for Canada?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:44 PM
FstCavZ24, they should have no problem at all getting the turbo eco to pass Cali emissions. Just look and Subaru and Mitsubishi with their 300hp 4-cylinder motors. They pass emissions just fine so I don't see why Chevy couldn't also pull it off.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:08 PM
As of a few weeks ago it wasn't passing Cali's standards. I'm sure in time they will have it worked out, they may already have.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:20 PM
how about one for the persuit if it sticks around?

and im kinda . i've got a soft spot for superchargers (wonder why? )

Andy

it's not how fast you go, it's how you get there that counts.
ZZP XP cam, 1.6 rockers, 105# springs, speedbuilt FWI, 3.3" modular pulley, TOG headers,
3" exhaust, flomatched injectors
'97 GTP 14.06@100.6mph pre cam w/ 3.5" pulley, I/E
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:29 PM
sounds good, i figured the cobalt was going turbo eventually

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:51 PM
to all you haters , i told you from the begining that the s/c'd days were numbered from before day 1

i just cant wait for the astra to get here

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:17 AM
Falls over.....an then dances. I guess I will hold off a little longer on getting a new car.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:47 AM
Well and to think that I was going to get a Cobalt SS this Fall, Well this makes my mind up I will keep driving the Cavy for another year.

Is there any chance on this ummmmm Freshen up that they just maybe make an AWD version of the Cobalt?

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:02 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]i just cant wait for the astra to get here

Opel 4tW.....

I've loved that car since Gt2/Gt3 days! Especially GT3

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:32 AM
I knew i was right to not jump on an SS just yet

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:39 AM
IF this is true the Cobalt SS as it is now will never sell once a 260hp version hits the street.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:26 AM
That's not necessarily true. People may still want it, but won't be able to afford the best model, or will want something different. Like the people buying the 2.4 SS's right now.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:44 AM
wow i didnt expect this, but i am damn glad i didnt go and buy a Cobalt SS S/C when i wanted one last month. I can wait for a turbo version. . .ohh yeah baby!

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:25 AM
The turbo car was seemingly planned from the get go. I did hear about it even before the Cobalt hit production.

Whatever car gets the direct injection would be the one for me.

I'm not sure why the LSJ would be put to sleep. It seems to me that the engine has done well. Now that tuning is available, they are getting pretty fast, quik. And so far, reliable. The newer style Eaton's are performing. The only concern I would have is that Eaton is the only suplier for these blowers. If I was GM, I woudln't want to rely on only one place for parts. I'm assuming Turbos are in a far more competetive market.

GM should give Pontiac the turbo and Chevy the heaton. Either way. It seems to me that chevy=supercharger and pontiac= turbo.

Hey, while were at it, Saturrn should get a Lysholm. Maybe throw a Vortech in the mix somewhere. Sure would make an awesome all GM meet. Maybe give the customer the option of whatever FI set up they want at the dealer level. In my dream land, you could walk in to your GMPP dealer and put together a package. IE. I'll take the turbo option, 3" exhaust, coilovers, big brakes, the PCM tuning package, and upgrade clutch/lsd. I would opt for the electronics delete option. Hehe. Maybe even interior delete.

I wish they would offer the special order cars of the olds days. OK. Back to the reality of a loyal GM fanatic.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:03 AM
Jackalope wrote:IF this is true the Cobalt SS as it is now will never sell once a 260hp version hits the street.

People that want an auto tranny will still get it, or parents concerned with their kids having "too much car" in the S/C or turbo model. Thats about it though as far as I can tell.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:08 PM
Jackalope wrote:IF this is true the Cobalt SS as it is now will never sell once a 260hp version hits the street.

having had both a turbo car and a s/c'd car , im a die hard s/c guy , and i know alot of others out there are the same way , and others that wouldnt own anything but a turbo power

so the markey will never be dead for either

id be happy with either , i just like the fact most s/c'd cars are under rated , and im not talking about power wise

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:49 PM
I had the 1st HHR SS!!!! Now if I can talk the old lady into a SC!!!!!!!!

-Brandon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search